Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

AC Wiring 71

Whiplash

Corvette
71 Kandy Burple Conv / 02 MY Z06
I'm putting everything back together on the 71. The new wiring harness is great but I have a problem with the AC Blower Motor.

The AC wiring harness has a purple and black wire that goes to the fan. In addition, the engine harness has a Black and Orange wire that go to the same location. The problem is I don't know where the Orange wire goes. It has a bell shaped rubber boot fitting.

I have the wiring schematic rolled out on the windshield. In the diagram I have it shows both sets of wires but there isn't anywhere to connect the orange wire. In addition, I marked every wire from the original harness and I didn't find the orange wire on the original. I pulled back the insulation and found the orange wire was cut on the original. I'm not sure if it was cut at the factory or if someone cut it in the history of the car. (I've found some interesting splicing in the old harness).

Does anyone know if the orange wire is for Non AC cars and therefore should be ignored or is there some place I need to connect it. The black wire that is paired with the orange wire actually connects to the black wire that is paired with the purple wire. These two black wires connect to the ground on the blower motor after the resister/noise eliminator.

Thanks.

Whiplash

Got the answer from M&H today. The orange wire was cut at the factory on AC cars. The black wire goes to the pigtail connector on the blower motor connected to the resistor.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom