Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Active Handling Message

Mikes64

Corvette
2010 GS Black Convertible
Just traded my 2004 for a 2005 convertible. Just returned from a 2000 mile roadtrip to NM, drove top down thru the mountains. What a great car.
Anyway, today I have a message that the active handling needs service. This
car only has 6,000 miles, and I am wondering if this is a code that can be reset
or is there some other problem that needs to be checked. Any comments will
be appreciated. Thank you.

RESETTING

If you disconnect the battery for a few minutes,things will reset.You can't read codes in the c6 like we could in c5's,either.I'd take it in to the dealer just to be on the safe side,anyway,and it can't hurt.

You may have the dreaded steering column sensor wiring quirk - or some other issue. Either way, take it to a good dealer that knows their way around Corvettes and have it checked out.

I noticed today that when I turned into the parking lot today, a quick right and left, that
the message came on. I have turned the active handling off, does this help. Anyway, it
goes to service tomorrow. Maybe they will find out what is wrong.

Been there, done that

I too had this message display on my C6, as well as 'service column lock' occasionally. There were approx. 20,000 miles on the car then.

The local dealer couldn't find a problem with the active handling system, but determined the column lock needed to be replaced. After replacement of the lock, probably a sheer coincidence, the car's battery would drain quickly, but only if I had the headlights in the 'auto' mode???

Dealer verified a bad cell in the battery, and since then, I've had absolutely no more messages or problems.

BTW: Factory warranty expires at the end of this month, and have just purchased an extended warranty. I've been to the shop too many times since I bought this car that I feel totally justified with the expense!

Well, went to the shop and it was supposedly fixed with a part they had to get overnight.
So, I left my car overnight. Next day they called and said it was ready. By the time I got back to my office, there was the message again. I have noticed that when I get in
and lower the steering column that it will come on. So, I guess it's somewhere in there.
I will take it back and have them check it out. Sure is frustrating though.

Have you ever had a message about your column lock switch display?

My dealer found a bad ribbon cable (small white one) that was secured in such a way that didn't stretch when the wheel was telescoped all the way out. The cable was almost completely pulled out of one of its end connectors. Both the cable and column lock switch had to be replaced.

Have you ever had a message about your column lock switch display?

My dealer found a bad ribbon cable (small white one) that was secured in such a way that didn't stretch when the wheel was telescoped all the way out. The cable was almost completely pulled out of one of its end connectors. Both the cable and column lock switch had to be replaced.

I have not had this message, but if I left the column up and drove, there is no message. Just comes on when moved down or in and out. So, this is probably
the problem. Thanks for the reply, I will talk to the service advisor about this.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom