Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Acura NSX....Any Competition?

C

CAJUN C4

My friend has a 95' NSX and it seems real fast,It's stock..I was wondering if anyone ever raced one.I do believe our LT4's should smoke him.

Corvette
2002 electron blue Z06
Stock to stock, I think the LT4 would have no problem. They are a bear on the autocross, however. It would depend on the setup and the driver's skill who won that one. I might put my money on the lighter, mid-engined car.

S

stgry1

NSX - 270HP / 3100lbs LT4-330HP / 3350lbs. Your LT4 should not have a problem but yes, driver skill ALWAYS plays a part. Also remember this, he paid 85k new, you would have paid 40k new. It's like salt in the wounds when he loses :L But I will tell you this, they are extrememly nice cars. I worked for honda for 10 years. They will handle like on rails, feel as comfortable as a caddy and turn eveyones head on drive by. Add to that the reliabilty and the "honda" reputation and you have a very nice car!

db2

Corvette
80,85 & 02 Z.
Yep,that might be a good race.

In the late 90's,I was one of the guys who test drove the car that later became the 2000 S2000.It's a great car and I drive an 03 daily.

In the straight line,I think the Lt4 would win,but on the twisties,well that might be another story.

\db2
Carolina

jrzvette

Corvette
1969 RED SB COUPE, 1993 BLACK ZF6 COUPE
I've driven an NSX, very nice car. I think the LT4 would take it in a straight line (nothing like V8 torque), on a road course it could be more interesting. But consider; in 1996 an NSX cost about $85,000, an LT4 with F45, just over $40,000. What could you do with $45,000 in mods? Would you really feel that bad if he did beat you? For that matter do you think you could beat a Lambo, Ferrari or Carrera? The Corvette is a great car, and for the money, nothing can come close, but it isn't invincible.

B

Brett

The NSX has a 0-60 time of something like 5.5 seconds.

The LT4 would smoke it.

S

stgry1

Dennis, when are you going to run that nsx. let me know cause i'd like to run him too.:L i had a viper try and race me the other day on 190 right past I 12 but we were in traffic. lucky for him;LOL

Mike, you startin trouble again??!! :rotfl

froggy47

Corvette
Black 1996 LT4 Coupe/ 2004 Z06/Z16
Stock to stock, I think the LT4 would have no problem. They are a bear on the autocross, however. It would depend on the setup and the driver's skill who won that one. I might put my money on the lighter, mid-engined car.

I have run against them a number of times in SCCA AS class solo. Fairly well driven, I think, but not the top hot shot. Never have a problem beating them.

I do think they are a cool car, looks, handling, short on hp/tq.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom