Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Added Appearance Mods

Pseudomind

Corvette
2002 MY Roadster
I have added some appearance mods and I believe this will do it for appearance items. Red door bezel, red handle pulls and the red grab bar pull along with the red mats. For the outside the stripes and at the exhaust I added a MY Z06 405 HP plate.

44483.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

Psuedo,
I looks great- I really like the red accents in the interior now. I've been thinking about doing something similar in mine.

But to pull the theme through, I almost feel like you need to find a way to incorporate some millenium yellow on the inside, too. I'm just not sure how you'd do that unless you wanted to get into things like having some custom leather inserts sown into the seats.

:w
-Patrick

Patrick said:
Psuedo,
I looks great- I really like the red accents in the interior now. I've been thinking about doing something similar in mine.

But to pull the theme through, I almost feel like you need to find a way to incorporate some millennium yellow on the inside, too. I'm just not sure how you'd do that unless you wanted to get into things like having some custom leather inserts sown into the seats.

-Patrick

Thanks Patrick,

The car came originally with the mod red, but it does iot actually include very much red other then the seats, under the dash and the door bottoms.

I tend to like the red/black, but if one wishes to do some serious interior work and they have the money, Vette Essentials has the items,

Vette Essentials

Pseudo,
From a design aesthetic (forgive me, I have to occasionally sate the architectural/industrial designer in me) the issue here is that red and yellow are competing primary colors. The trick is to get them to cooperate in an overall design theme. My fear is that while you can accomplish that, particularly in an interior that draped with a neutral black, the cost may prove prohibitive. While you've added accents in red, the trick now is to re-introduce millenium yellow to the interior, and the obvious methods to do that (shift boot, emergency brake boot, center compartment cover, grab bar/steering wheel/door pull covers) have now all been done in red.

So, the question is, how to bring the exterior millenium yellow inside? From a design standpoint, that's quite a challenge.

But I hope you do accomplish it to your satisfaction! :)

-Patrick

;)
Patrick said:
Pseudo,
From a design aesthetic (forgive me, I have to occasionally sate the architectural/industrial designer in me) the issue here is that red and yellow are competing primary colors. The trick is to get them to cooperate in an overall design theme. My fear is that while you can accomplish that, particularly in an interior that draped with a neutral black, the cost may prove prohibitive. While you've added accents in red, the trick now is to re-introduce millenium yellow to the interior, and the obvious methods to do that (shift boot, emergency brake boot, center compartment cover, grab bar/steering wheel/door pull covers) have now all been done in red.

So, the question is, how to bring the exterior millenium yellow inside? From a design standpoint, that's quite a challenge.

But I hope you do accomplish it to your satisfaction!

-Patrick

From a design aesthetic (forgive me, I have to occasionally sate the architectural/industrial designer in me) the issue here is that red and yellow are competing primary colors.

Let me put this in a quite simple answer, I have no interest in bringing millenium yellow to the inside. I like the idea of, "(...) competing primary colors."

My fear is that while you can accomplish that, particularly in an interior that draped with a neutral black, the cost may prove prohibitive.

Yes, this would be an expensive endeavor if one was interested

the trick now is to re-introduce millenium yellow to the interior, and the obvious methods to do that (shift boot, emergency brake boot, center compartment cover, grab bar/steering wheel/door pull covers) have now all been done in red.

I wish you luck on your project, post a picture of your millennium yellow Corvette when you obtain it, and then post updates as you modify the interior.

(forgive me, I have to occasionally sate the architectural/industrial designer in me)

Do not worry much about this as once you start on your own car that should allow you to "sate" your design issue concerns. Or were you just "stating" your concerns?

So in closing how does the statement go about, "Walking to the beat of a differnet drum?"

You say "potatoe, I say potato," you tomatoe, I say tomato?"

I like the idea of, "(...) competing primary colors."

and the last I looked my name was on the title. ;) :L

Thanks

But I hope you do accomplish it to your satisfaction!

Enjoy the Fourth!

Pseudomind said:

Well okay then- that's settled. Your name is on the title, and you get to drive it. Apparence mod away! :L

I do really like those stripes on the outside, though.

-Patrick

Pseudomind said:
;)

Let me put this in a quite simple answer, I have no interest in bringing millenium yellow to the inside. I like the idea of, "(...) competing primary colors."

Yes, this would be an expensive endeavor if one was interested

I wish you luck on your project, post a picture of your millennium yellow Corvette when you obtain it, and then post updates as you modify the interior.

Do not worry much about this as once you start on your own car that should allow you to "sate" your design issue concerns. Or were you just "stating" your concerns?

So in closing how does the statement go about, "Walking to the beat of a differnet drum?"

Thanks

Enjoy the Fourth!

;LOL ;LOL ;LOL ...and the winner is...........

Patrick=Busted Nutz???...

You could always put tail light seals on to seperate the red from the yellow so you would not have "competing primary colors"...:L
6591applied_seal-med.JPG

6591Taillight_sealed-med.JPG

I am not going to even touch this comment. I met Patrick at CruiseFest and was just having some light hearted banter with him, as regards competing or non-competing colors.

But after what has been stated about the tail light seals, I am going to just state this, I really do not see the necessity of the tail light seals post or image here.

My $0.02

Back to the topic at hand....

Pseudo,

I've been toying with the stripe idea since you first posted about them. Then I saw the reverse of your stripes on a silver 98 at a show this weekend. I was impressed with the quality and really liked the design. This is now in my short list of things for my car. I'm going with the same color combo as you. No interior red stuff though; we'll be going with custom 2-tone seats when ours wear out but it will be black/pewter.

Later,
- Eric:w
attachment.php

Eric,

I like that and having seen your car I believe that combination would look good on yours. :upthumbs

I even received a surprise comment from my wife, she told me that the stripes really look good and that it seemed to add something to the car.:) She came up with this comment completely out of the blue.

Typically she never states anything about the Corvette, other then the old, "Boys and their toys," line.

Post a pick when you get them

I would make one recommendation, if you have not ever installed something like this ,just pay the money and have a professional install them. I had mine installed that way, there was no way I was going to attempt it, they are a lot like installing window tint, surface cleanliness, air bubbles, etc.

And before I forget, "Thanks," XLR8 for you comments.

Psuedo, those strips look awesome on the MY, and Eric i think the red would add something to the sliver.

I was thinking about striping my black coupe, but I can't decide which color. I've seen the red stipes on a black one before and it looks great, but I also think that a gunmetal grey stripe would look outstanding on the black. Any ideas? Has anyone seen a gunmetal grey stripe on a black vette?

Looks great! I too have the two tone red and black shifter boot...

On a side note since it was brought up above, can someone tell me where to get the tail lamp seals? I know I could probably make my own with foam tape but foam will not last as long as rubber, so I would rather get or make them from rubber...

ToolGuy said:
On a side note, can someone tell my where to get the tail lamp seals? I know I could probably make my own with foam tape but foam will not last as long as rubber, so I would rather get or make them from rubber...

That's what this is for.......

newthread.gif

;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom