Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Adjustable Suspension

Thore826

Corvette
1975 White, 1984 Black, 1996 Green
I was wondering if anyone put any form of adjustable suspension in their car (like air shocks). My problem is, with the sidepipes my car usually grinds on most speedbumps, always if there's a passenger. I need to replace the shocks anyway, and so figured if I could get adjustable shocks where you hit a switch and ride height rises, then hit it again and it lowers. I called one shop and they said it couldn't be done, but I've seen some kits that look like they would do the job. Has anyone done this before, and did you find it worked? Thanks for any input!

I've never heard of air shocks for the rear of C3s.

The aftermarket sells special rear spring bolts that allow you to raise the rear of the car. That is probably your best bet.

You could also have an exhaust shop alter your sidepipe mounts to raise them half an inch or so.

Yea, I actually did get those bolts, and we've put the pipes as high as they can go. It's not a very low car, the pipes only fall a few inches lower than the car. The speed bumps at my school that I'm talking about are like bumps on steroids, though; most cars there (Mustangs, Camaros) bottom out on them. I saw these air shocks (below) that they say are adjustable, to help vehicles compensate when they take on a heavier load. I figured I could use them like hydraulics to lift the car a few extra inches.
Shocks - Air Adjustable by Monroe - Advance Auto Parts___

Look on the Web for air ride technologies, at least I think that is the company. If not hem I'm sure there is an airbag system for the C3 I know there is one for the C4. The system does exactly what you are trying to accomplish.
tcxd40

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom