Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Adjusting height of the brake pedal

jrzvette

Corvette
1969 RED SB COUPE, 1993 BLACK ZF6 COUPE
Is there any way to adjust the height of the brake or gas pedal. The brake pedal on my 93 is about 1" higher than the gas pedal and it makes heel & toe driving a pain. On my 69 the two pedals are the same height. Even my wife's Lincoln LS has them about the same height.

jrzvette said:
Is there any way to adjust the height of the brake or gas pedal. The brake pedal on my 93 is about 1" higher than the gas pedal and it makes heel & toe driving a pain. On my 69 the two pedals are the same height. Even my wife's Lincoln LS has them about the same height.

If you want to live dangerously, you could bend the shaft of the gas pedal and raise it up some. It might make it a little cramped for the toes though.

:ugh you could just glue a piece of 1x2 to the gas pedal.

Go to a welding shop where they do custom metal fabrication and make a new brake pedal to replace the one in it now.

It's not a Porsche.....

...I was up under the pedals/dash this morning before work looking for some adjustment myself ('96 LT4 Coupe, 6-speed)). The clutch and brake are at exactly the same height but the accelerator is at least 2" lower. Hey, it's not a Porsche (thank goodness!).

Maybe some of the autocrossers have an answer to this.

Boeingdriver

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom