Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket Catalytic Converters

Rookie Vette owner

Corvette
1973 Blue Coupe
Looking for an aftermarket set of converters (stocks rattling) for my '97 C-5, that is stock, I'm also looking at upgrading to headers and a "mild" exhaust system. I was looking for an alternative to the $700 - $1100 each, factory replacements, with compatibility and bolt on simplicity. I also see there is a difference between the 97-00 and later C-5's and wonder if the later aftermarket converters will fit a '97? I guess also after reading about the emission problems with the long tube headers, the shorts would be a better choice. Any help would be appreciated!

Tom

Mr. Lucky

Corvette
2004 MY stroker Coupe
You are outside the 8-year/80,000-mile warranty, so you might as well install aftermarket hi-flow cats. That in itself will make your exhaust note more aggressive. For a mild catback system, look into the Corsa Touring or a pull-off from a Z06.

Rookie Vette owner

Corvette
1973 Blue Coupe
Thanks for the suggestion on the high flow cats, do you know of one that will be a direct bolt on for the 97, most I've seen say 2000 - 2004. Do you know what the difference might be? different manifolds, flanges??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom