Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket door sill seals???

TheSearcher

Corvette
2004 Torch Red Coupe
I bought some aftermarket rubber door sill seals for my 2004 and they came with no instructions. I'm not sure if they belong near the inside or outside and which side of the seal belongs inside and outside. Anyone know for certain, or has anyone installed them so that they keep the door sills dry?

My guess would be to install them as far outside as possible and to put them on so that they slant inward from bottom to top so that they seal when youshut the door.

door sill seals

I have an 04 and am wondering - do they work? Where did you get them? Thanks

Welcome to the CAC, jim seward! :)

Sorry, I can't help with the door seals. I have not heard of that many people using them.

They don't stay on. If you want them to stay put, some have suggested using an adhesive for that purpose. I just threw mine away.

TheSearcher said:
I bought some aftermarket rubber door sill seals for my 2004 and they came with no instructions. I'm not sure if they belong near the inside or outside and which side of the seal belongs inside and outside. Anyone know for certain, or has anyone installed them so that they keep the door sills dry?

My guess would be to install them as far outside as possible and to put them on so that they slant inward from bottom to top so that they seal when youshut the door.
if these are the aftermarket ones to keep the C-5 door sill clean they will wear the paint off of were they seal against

I have had them on my 92 for two years. I put them on the door as far down as posible. Cleaned that area real well with that 3M adhesive remover after claying it before putting them on.

They seem to work as advertised.

seals

I had my Ziebart neighbor put them on my 04. If they come from Mid-America I don't think they will stick. I ended using superglue gel to keep the driver side in place because whatever they came with would not hold. It seems to be doing OK now. Do they work? Not very well in my opinion. I still have to clean the sill after a rain or washing. My advice would be to skip it. I also got the one for the hood area and guess what? It also required superglue to keep it in place. I'm afraid I have gained a very negative opinion of Mid-America products based on the multiple items I have bought from them in the last two years. I just pretty much toss their catalog now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom