Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Air filter lid and new air filter.

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
Upgraded Air filter lid and new air filter.

Has anyone here ever used a 2002 or 2003 ZO6 air filter lid on a regular base LS1 air filter and installed a K&N stock air filter replacement in the stock box ? How did it work out ? I was wondering going this route to get a little more fresh air into the engine of my 2003 base engine ? Thank you ! :w

OK, one more question, will a 2002 ZO6 air filter lid, fit onto a base 2003 LS1 air filter base?

I have a Z06 lid on my 04,fits with no problem. I don't run a K&N fillter just a standard paper filter. I am not sure but I think any C5 Z06 filter lid will fit.
Chuck

I raise my hand :w

I put a 2004 Z06 Air box and tube on "ABBY"... there is a huge difference in the air opening, but I don't know if it made much difference.... I only drove about 100 miles with the stock filter system before changing in to the Z06 system ;)

Bud

After Thought NOTE: I bought the Z06 Air System off Ebay, as I recall I got the box and tube for $40 plus shipping ;)

I installed a 2004 Z06 lid on my 2004 and I did some additional modification to it. I used a dremmel tool and made the opening double the size, also installed a K&N filter at the same time. I changed the cat back exhaust to the Ti's at the same time. I have noticed a difference in quickness, but I did not get a tune.

The "ZO6" lid and K&N filter change will probably not show any performance gain except on a dyno or a drag strip. I did the same mod to my ex 03 AE just because I could and it seemed like a good idea. Never dyno'ed it or ran it on the strip so I have no clue if it did any real good.

I did notice a little more intake noise with the ZO6 lid.

K&N air filter ?

I installed a 2004 Z06 lid on my 2004 and I did some additional modification to it. I used a dremmel tool and made the opening double the size, also installed a K&N filter at the same time. I changed the cat back exhaust to the Ti's at the same time. I have noticed a difference in quickness, but I did not get a tune.

How'd you make out with the K&N filter? I was holding off at putting a oiled base filter cause I was afraid of it killing the MAF which is right in back of the air intake & filter. But I read the whole K&N website and it's pretty impressive with just about any content dealing with a K&N filter. So I have one ordered along with a 2003 ZO6 air lid and we'll if It works out OK. I've had K&N products on most all my cars in the last twenty years. I was just wondering if being so close it might get fouled out and strat throwing codes ? :w

No problems at all, car has run great since installing the K&N with the new lid. :thumb

How'd you make out with the K&N filter? I was holding off at putting a oiled base filter cause I was afraid of it killing the MAF which is right in back of the air intake & filter. But I read the whole K&N website and it's pretty impressive with just about any content dealing with a K&N filter. So I have one ordered along with a 2003 ZO6 air lid and we'll if It works out OK. I've had K&N products on most all my cars in the last twenty years. I was just wondering if being so close it might get fouled out and strat throwing codes ? :w

I am sure you will be happy with it as long as you don't over oil the filter. K&N is a quality product and if you use it as K&N recommends you will be just fine. Quality is a hard choice to choose wrong. Remember that their are LOT more happy K&N customers than unhappy customers. Enjoy your choice. :)

ZO6 air filter lid and K&N filter

I am sure you will be happy with it as long as you don't over oil the filter. K&N is a quality product and if you use it as K&N recommends you will be just fine. Quality is a hard choice to choose wrong. Remember that their are LOT more happy K&N customers than unhappy customers. Enjoy your choice. :)

Well when I got the 2003 ZO6 air box lid and you can see the opening on the ZO6 lid is three times the size of the original 2003 LS1 base air filter box. And I've used K&N filters in the past with no problems, and since none of you folks have ever had a problem with them, I'm going that route. I wanted go with a bigger air filter product, but a lot of Technicians have pointed out that if the engine is totally stock, putting on a Blackwing or any other system is going to be of little change. So on Wednsday I'm puting on the new setup. Thank you all of your advice !

I have a stock LS1 with a K&N airfilter.All I did was drill out the stock air box cover with about 20 holes using a 1"hole drill and install a hood seal for water protiction.I did notice a differencein performance.I also added a smooth coupling before the throtle body.Next step is headers and free flow exhaust.
Ed :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom