Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

AIR System Bank 1

Tom2000

Corvette
2007 Coupe
On my way home tonight my ck. eng. light came on. When I pulled the code It says it s AIR System bank 1. Code is P1415. Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for?

Thanks for any help.

You would need a scanner to enable the air pump and check few things to make a full diagnostic. However, due to corrosion and carbon built up the valve is the culprit most of the time.

Check for any hoses and pipes for being connected, clamps secure on pipe and hoses, no kinks, hole or pinches hoses. You can replace the check valve. This is less that $50 if I recall correctly. You just need to remove the clamp from the rubber hose and disconnect the valve from the air tube. The valve is on the driver side of the engine as you can see on picture. The valve is the black think that looks like an UFO between metal air pipe and rubber hose. The green <R> of "Remove air Pipe" touches the valve.

picture from DIY spark plug change, but that will give you an idea.
PlugRemoveAirPipe.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/lesfichier/PlugRemoveAirPipe.jpg

You are lucky. Most of us get the 1416 (Bank 2) that involves removing the intake manifold to replace the valve.

The part number for the A.I.R. pipe gasket (the silver bent pipe with the two bolts removed) is #12553617 - about a dollar at the dealer.

Good luck.

Thanks

Thansk for the ifo. Iwas able to but the part at the dealers for $29.00 and replace it within 15 mins. It took care of the proublem.

Great !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom