Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

alarm system

W

winscheldc

I have on the left rear underside a horn which I assume is the alarm system. It is a convertible and I do not see where the switch to turn it on and off would be? Or, is it just a horn and not actually an alarm system?

Thanks Don

It's the horn for your alarm system. The flasher and relay for the alarm horn are located in the jack compartment. If you remove the fiberboard tray, you should see both. The switch to turn the alarm "ON" is located above the "CORVETTE" logo on the back of the car. The alarm should be activated by opening either door or the hood. The alarm wiring for the doors is attached to the courtesy light switches in the front of the jambs. There should be a separate switch under the hood on the passengers firewall that activates the alarm if the hood is opened. There is an excellent diagram of the alarm system in the 69 AIM. Hope this helps. Chuck

Don,

If the alarm doesn't work, there is a good chance it has been disabled, as mine is. These systems were famous in their day for causing electircal problems which could result in a lot of melted fiberglass.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom