Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: All inclusive kit

Trlloyd

Corvette
74 BB coupe
Looking for a good quality kit which will have all the parts I will need to rebuild my trailing arms. I have many catalogs with various prices, but I don't know if one bushing is better than another. I am going to use rubber bushings.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried any of the corvette vendors???

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have looked at numerous catalogs; however, I do not know where they get their parts from or the quality. I know many times the different vendors sell the same product but put their pricing and part number on it. I have received parts from vendor A still packaged in vendor B's wrapping.

Check with GTR1999
He rebuilds them. shoot him a pm and ask him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

To me, rebuilding a trailing arm includes redoing the bearings amongst other tasks. The tools and expertise required to get it right is beyond what most hobbyists will want to undertake at home. I'd send them out to a professional and as already recommended, Gary GTR1999 is top of the list.

Rebuilding the trailing arms (including bearings and front bushings) IS NOT a do-it-yourself job; it requires specialized measuring and expensive bearing setup tools and special tools for compression and flaring of the the bushing sleeve and retainers; send them out to Gary (GTR1999) or to Bair's in Linesville, Pennsylvania.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom