Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

All this C8 talk... made me compile a list of cars I know of

Brangeta

I was inspired to create this list after talking with Anthony on the phone today.

First off, a disclaimer. I may say I "stalk" C8s, but I don't write many details about them other than the year if the owner gave it, so this info is all based primarily on pictures and things I remember...

First... some "official" info from Joanne:
34 SNAT Camaros were made and 19 C8s (with SNAT engines), so a total of 55 SNAT equipped Camaros + C8s total.
12 of those 55 were created outside of the United States.
2 Commemorative Edition C8s were made and are not part of any of those totals above.
There are no records on how many CamAerobodies were made or sold.

Second... some "unofficial" info from me:
I believe only 1 SuperNatural Firebird was made. I haven't heard any conflicting information. There is a 1973 Camaro that the owner called 73/93 that is technically a SNAT Camaro, but I don't believe it is included in the totals above. I'd be surprised if it was. There were a few Callaway C8 race cars that were campaigned either officially or unofficially back in the '90s by Callaway. I don't know ANY of the history, and I don't know if they are considered part of the 55 total. There's a red Camaro that has a C8 front bumper on it. If I remember the story correctly, the guy wanted the front bumper of a friend's C8 because he was a big drag racer. I don't know how much truth is to this story, but I have 1 pic to prove it. Makes me wonder if there is a C8 with a stock Camaro front bumper on it driving around...

Third... how I distinguished between each group:
C8= CamAerobody + SuperNatural engine + C8 badge on nose
Commemorative C8= 2002 Camaro based, CamAerobody, SNAT, + C8 badge
SNAT Camaro= SuperNatural engine in a Camaro
CamAerobodies= any Camaro that is wearing the Callaway C8 body panels

Now... on with the lists... in no particular order...

C8s:
1) red coupe from Road & Track
2) silver prototype
3) John's '96 C8 with newer style aerobody
4) black with "aquafresh" interior, chrome OZ Monte Carlos with black center caps
5) black with "aquafresh" interior, silver OZ Monte Carlos (don't think it is the same as #4 because it was featured in the Italian version of the Callaway C8 brochure, but could be wrong)
6) was black with gold stripes, now... isn't
7) Jens K's silver C8 in Denmark
8) Old Lyme Green convertible
9) silver Coors Light Race car
10) silver drag race car (as far as I can tell it's for dragging)
11) dark green convertible in Switzerland
12) '95 silver C8 that still retains the black Z28 emblems (located in the Middle East I think)
13) silver one that was for sale in Italy (I think) with very Mercedes or Porsche looking wheels on it, had European export markers and (as far as I can tell) parking assist sensors on the front bumper
14) Anthony's red C8 convertible
15) Anthony's red C8 coupe
16) Mystic Teal C8 convertible with roll bar
17) white race car
18) white C8 with orange shark on the passenger side; likely located in Dubai. It can be seen at drag races with very wealthy men wearing white sheets

Commemorative C8s:
1. the silver one
2. Tony's metallic red one

SNAT Camaros:
1. '93 red one that has been coming up for sale a lot lately with the Suncoast Ultra Z style hood. SNAT 400 sticker on rear, but has SNAT 450 and lingenfelter mods
2. Cobrabob's old '94 SNAT 450 with lots of prototype parts and just about every option but the CamAerobody. I believe he told me the new owner wrecked it.
3. '95 green SNAT 400 that's been rolled previously and not fixed well according to its ex-owner Anthony
4. '96 green SNAT 400
5. Anthony's SNAT
6. Anthony's other SNAT (sorry, I don't remember the colors)
7. black one with a big silver stripe down the middle and unusual hood
8. Bill Ogle's '93 Pace Car that started the entire Camaro program with Callaway (never seen a pic of it :mad)

CamAerobodies:
1. black one owned by a guy named Ed Reese
2. '96 black one with chrome OZ Monte Carlos
3. '97 black one on a heavily modified Camaro meant for racing (located in Nevada)
4. HIYOSIVR, silver camaerobody
5. possibly HIYOSIVR's twin, or the same exact car, just at different stages in development. I have pics of one with the same/similar exhaust tips, but they look chrome or polished, and HIYOSIVR has powertour stickers on the glass, and this one does not
6. Johnny's Hugger Orange
7. medium quasar blue one located in Istanbul
8. BEAUTIFUL '97 silver one located in Switzerland (has silver painted interior accents)
9. the weird blue and black one in Canada with the red graphics
10. black SS that was for sale recently, it may have the headlight buckets and SS duct area painted metallic gunmetal. The seller would never answer my emails requesting info and pics
11. maroon colored one I 100% positively know Fornasari built. How do I know? Because the only picture I have of it was on their website :)

And that's all I know guys...

Feel free to correct me if you have any knowledge.

2 Commemorative Edition C8s were made and are not part of any of those totals above.
There are no records on how many CamAerobodies were made or sold.

Three. Where is Big John's in the count?

According to Joanne, Big John's car is considered one of the 19 C8s, and not one of the fabled 10 (but only 2) Commemorative C8s because it is not a 2002 Camaro. I don't know the specs of John's car, but I'd imagine it still has an LT1 as well.

John-- did you switch to an LS1 to complete the 1998+ appearance?

Don't know if red R/T car and the red 95 C-8 that was local here are same car or not I have all info on car. It was a Berger car that received motor, areo body, brakes and callaway interior when new. I might be able to get doc's for future owner? I know it has left area, don't know where it is now! Anybody wanting history can contact me :w

Don't know if red R/T car and the red 95 C-8 that was local here are same car or not I have all info on car. It was a Berger car that received motor, areo body, brakes and callaway interior when new. I might be able to get doc's for future owner? I know it has left area, don't know where it is now! Anybody wanting history can contact me :w
Anthony now owns that car in Florida.

The R/T car was one of the very early cars. It has the headlight covers, graphite leather with red and yellow bands, and some prototype pieces.

That is fairly accurate, Brandon. I will cross reference your list with mine. I have build dates, arrival dates, original options, and colors for EVERY Camaro built. I also Vins and additional options for most of them. My records show that only 1 car was built originally with a 450. All others were 400's that were either updated with the 425plus package, or the full 450hp retrofit. Owners chime in to confirm, or disprove this..

Good work.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom