Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Also a New CE LT4 Owner

1996 LT4 Topic
Thanks LT4man. I love the car & enjoying this forum. BTW, is that the Torch Red interior you have? I tried to find that one, but at the right options, mileage & condition, just didn't work out.
:w

Yes, that is the Torch Red interior in mine. I ordered mine new, so obtaining one was not a problem! :thumb

Hello and congrats on the new ride!!

I had to check under the car cover in my garage to see if mine was still there as we have the same colour combination and similar mileage!

You'll love the LT4 and the temperature ranges sound normal for your car. Now if I could find a way to have the fans come on earlier, I'd be happy with that.

Cheers!!

I have the Hypertech Power Programmer which is made specifically for the LT4 engine. You can program your fans to come on at different times. You can also tweak the power (through the ignition system) of the LT4 engine with this programmer.

My Vette has been dyno-tuned, so I have this programmer available for sale. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Yes, that is the Torch Red interior in mine. I ordered mine new, so obtaining one was not a problem! :thumb

I have the Hypertech Power Programmer which is made specifically for the LT4 engine. You can program your fans to come on at different times. You can also tweak the power (through the ignition system) of the LT4 engine with this programmer.

My Vette has been dyno-tuned, so I have this programmer available for sale. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Jealous of that red. I even thought about changing mine for about 30 seconds til my better sense (& cost evaluation) kicked in.

So what did you spec out with after the dyno? And what was the diff between the dyno & the Hypertech? I understand there is a wide disparity in the advertised hp & actual, esp after a dyno.

I've seen so many LT4s with the badging on the right rear bumper (like the ZR-1), but understand it's "no longer available." Is that true? :w

Jealous of that red. I even thought about changing mine for about 30 seconds til my better sense (& cost evaluation) kicked in.

So what did you spec out with after the dyno? And what was the diff between the dyno & the Hypertech? I understand there is a wide disparity in the advertised hp & actual, esp after a dyno.

I've seen so many LT4s with the badging on the right rear bumper (like the ZR-1), but understand it's "no longer available." Is that true? :w

I purchased the Hypertech Programmer soon after I bought my Vette. My butt-dyno definitely told me there was more power and the power came on more smoothly. I installed a Hypertech 160 degree thermostat & set my fans to come on the soonest possible. My LT4 engine is one of the only ones which has NEVER seen coolant temps in the 220-240 range on a daily basis. More like 170-195 on a consistent basis.

Then, I started adding bolt-on mods to the ignition, intake & exhaust. I removed the Hypertech Program. The Programmer only has room for ONE (1) program at a time. The Hypertech Program or the stock program. Now my Hypertech Programmer has the complete Hypertech program installed.

With the stock program reinstalled in my PCM, I sent my PCM to pcmforless & they did a mail-order tune for me. Their tune was a little better than the Hypertech. I used the pcmforless for several years.

When I was finally finished with all my mods, I had my engine dyno-tuned at Speed Inc. in Schaumburg IL. What a difference! When I pulled away from their shop in 1st gear, I could feel the difference immediately! I believe I was in the 330 range in both rear wheel horsepower & torque. Remember, I have never opened up my engine to do any internal mods.

The "LT4" badge is still available AFIK. You might not find the color you like (I believe red on black is no longer out there), but if you can find one you could paint the badge.

While driving your LT4 equipped Vette, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

I've been searching for the ZR-1 style LT4 badge that would go on the right rear bumper since I bought my LT4, but to no avail! I have not made it to any junkyards though.

We had a thread going for finding (or making) these badges, but it seems that it fizzled out. Here's a link: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/lt4-forum/127846-lt4-badge.html

If you find a source for those similar to what LT4Man has on his (as proudly displayed in his avatar) then by all means let me know! I'd buy you *two* beers! :beer

Actually, I have a matching LT4 badge on the other side of my Vette.

AND one on the rear bumper. I referred to the "red on black" in my previous post. When I returned home this evening, I looked at my bumper. I have the "black on red" LT4 badge there!

Goes to show you how often I look at the rear of my Vette! :)

If someone could find someone to make these, I betcha we could sell a boatload.

Whilst driving my Vette today, I tried to SAVE the WAVE! But, alas, my Vette was the only one on the road!

Actually, I have a matching LT4 badge on the other side of my Vette.

AND one on the rear bumper. I referred to the "red on black" in my previous post. When I returned home this evening, I looked at my bumper. I have the "black on red" LT4 badge there!

Goes to show you how often I look at the rear of my Vette! :)

If someone could find someone to make these, I betcha we could sell a boatload.

Whilst driving my Vette today, I tried to SAVE the WAVE! But, alas, my Vette was the only one on the road!

So you're saying you can spare one!!! :happyanim:

What is your price?!?!? :upthumbs

I always try to Save the Wave! :w But usually mine is the only one on the road, too. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I sometimes see more on Fridays and usually the weekend, too.:Steer

So you're saying you can spare one!!! :happyanim:

What is your price?!?!? :upthumbs

I always try to Save the Wave! :w But usually mine is the only one on the road, too. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I sometimes see more on Fridays and usually the weekend, too.:Steer

I do not think I can spare one right now!

If I ever decide to sell the emblems, you might have to buy my Vette along with them! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I do not think I can spare one right now!

If I ever decide to sell the emblems, you might have to buy my Vette along with them! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I saw two Corvettes yesterday (Friday), not counting mine. What a bonanza!!!

:w Didn't get a wave back, though... :w

Very nice car. I purchased mine in March and I love it. Its so hard to go light with the right foot the car just wants to go.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom