Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

amplifier/receiver

poorboys831

Corvette
1993 ruby red coupe
Hi everyone-I need some help finding an amplifier/ receiver for my "93. It's the box that sits inside the "bin" behind the passanger seat-any help would be great-Dennis:w

First, check the bottom of the bin for water (mine had over a quart). There are few new ones but lots of refurbs;
Corvette Radios
J & D Corvette | 800-838-8353 - Home Page
If you do a search on this site, you'll find several others. I think any reputable Vette shop will have a few refurbs on the shelf.

Thanks so bay

First, check the bottom of the bin for water (mine had over a quart). There are few new ones but lots of refurbs;
Corvette Radios
J & D Corvette | 800-838-8353 - Home Page
If you do a search on this site, you'll find several others. I think any reputable Vette shop will have a few refurbs on the shelf.
:thumb thanks for the info.-I checked the bin last week when the radio wouldn't work and everything was under water in that bin --have since drilled a hole so it can drain-thanks again Dennis

:thumb thanks for the info.-I checked the bin last week when the radio wouldn't work and everything was under water in that bin --have since drilled a hole so it can drain-thanks again Dennis

Where did the water come from in the first place.

Check the Vette salvage yards, watch ebay.

At least yours in in an easily accessible location. The CDM/tuner module on the 1992 models is located under the dash on the passenger side and it is a PITA to get to!

You darned near have to be a midget contortionist to wrench that mofo out of there!

leak origin

Where did the water come from in the first place.

Check the Vette salvage yards, watch ebay.
Hi Jeff, The water appears to be coming from the corner of the left side of the hatch. I have some drain tubes in that corner but that side was clogged up. The water then travels down between the body and the carpet and ends up in the bin. Apparently the person who had my baby before me installed new weather stripping but cut it to short.I'm going to try this weekend to stretch it a little to make up the gap and try not to cause other problems in doing so. ;shrug

Hi Jeff, The water appears to be coming from the corner of the left side of the hatch. I have some drain tubes in that corner but that side was clogged up. The water then travels down between the body and the carpet and ends up in the bin. Apparently the person who had my baby before me installed new weather stripping but cut it to short.I'm going to try this weekend to stretch it a little to make up the gap and try not to cause other problems in doing so. ;shrug

If you have the drain installed incorrectly it will dump water into the cabin all the time. it needs to be correctly installed.

And when installing weather striping, there is no cutting involved. It's all 1 piece. It may have broken apart in the corner.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom