Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Analog Tachometer

ZumZum

Corvette
1988 Dark Red Coupe
I'm not real pleased with the digital tachometer on my '88 coupe. Has anybody added an analog tach to their C4? If so, what kind did you use and where did you place it inside the car? Also how easy/hard is the installation? Can I still keep my digital tach in use?

Zum,

What the issue with you digital tach? Do you think it's out of calabration or do you just not like the video arcade display?

Remo:cool

Remo said:
Zum,

What the issue with you digital tach? Do you think it's out of calabration or do you just not like the video arcade display?

That's a good way of describing it ;)

Remo said:
Zum,

The tach works just fine, it's the arcade display that bothers me. The bar display is practically worthless as far as getting quick information and the numerical display will only tell me if I'm pulling 1400 rpm or 1500. I'd kinda like to know where in between those numbers I'm running at. A tach with a shift light and a memory would be nice also.

I don't find my digital too accurate and dislike the lag. The bars disagree with the numbers, as well. TG my ECM shuts the fuel off at 6300 rpm!

lessee...... racecar >>>> racecar

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom