Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another A/C Question

82RL

Corvette
2000 LT. Pewter Coupe
I've noticed that when the engine in the 82 is in a strain ( acceleration,going up hills etc) The air flow from the A/C almost stops, when the engine levels off the air is flowing again. What causes this. Thanks

The A/C blend and outlet doors are vacuum operated.
Under the conditions you describe, the engine vacuum drops and the doors will start moving to their 'default' (spring-loaded) position until vacuum builds back up again.

I don't know if this indicates something wrong (bad vacuum check-valve or reservoir tank ?), or whether it's normal......

Anyone else ?

Hope that helps,
Chuck

Chuck,

You are dead on correct.

There is a vacuum problem with this car, and I would start by looking at the holding tank, and all the lines.

The check valve is also a good possibility as the culprit. You can replace the filter and check valve, they both sit behind the carb in the vacuum lines, for $25 and on my car that made a significant difference with the vacuum operated components.

I changed the check valve and filter to get the head lights working
I also changed the reservoir. I noticed when I changed the seals on the actuators they were pitted and rusted a little, Could this be where I'm losing vacuum. I had good readings when I checked the hoses. I also noticed that when I drive the lights raise up some times. I thought because of the pitting and rust there was not enough vacuum to keep the wind from raising them. I plan on replacing the actuators. Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom