Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone not like the C6

atmmac

Corvette
1997 Black Corvette
I can honestly say i really dont like the look of the C6. The fixed headlamps dont look great, The license plate thing is awful, The passenger side of the interior looks like a C5 that just got pushed in flat. The back even looks a bit tacky. The only thing i like are the side views and the new LS2. Anyone else with me on this one?

Sorry Guys,
-Andy

I think I need to see it in person first and drive it before I make a decision!

atmmac said:
I can honestly say i really dont like the look of the C6. The fixed headlamps dont look great, The license plate thing is awful, The passenger side of the interior looks like a C5 that just got pushed in flat. The back even looks a bit tacky. The only thing i like are the side views and the new LS2. Anyone else with me on this one?

Sorry Guys,
-Andy

From the pix - don't see where any of the INNOVATION that the General promised! Everything is blase, old and worn - nothing new and innovative. Everything somebody else already has, and they call that INNOVATION!@?

From what I've seen (nothing in person) it looks like a nice car.

Would I have preferred GM to have paid better attention to the interior? So far, I think yes.

Would I have appreciated a more radical and distinctive body style? Probably, but then again, there are a lot of retro touches on the new car and it is striking.

Could GM have finally killed the pushrod V8 and dropped a truly world-class engine into the glass? Of course, but would it still be a Vette?

All in all I think the C6 is a nice evolutionary enhancement to the C5. A lot was improved without losing any of the character and charm of the Corvette line.

I probably won't buy one anytime soon (more because it won't accommodate two car seats then anything else) but I can see why people like it. . . and why some don't.

I thought the slanted rear end was a little odd at first but i think its starting to grow on me. I like how the car has a little styling from everything (new, retro, c5) Kinda like it was designed to appeal to all corvette enthausists.

I did not care for the C5 when it first came out over the C4, but it grew on me and the C5's are nice vettes. I do not think the C6 was everyone expected it to be, but I need to see it in person and sit in it, and im sure it will grow on me just like the C5 did.

I love it. Especially the convertible. Can't wait to own the ragtop.

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but judging from what I've seen (and in respect to Rob, final judgement wont be made until I've seen it in person) I really don't like it. I miss the pop ups, I don't like the front end (looks like too many other types of lesser cars in my opinion) and a host of other things makes me shy away from it, though the performance is outstanding.

-Tatortot

For all the C6 "non-likers" out there. Don't sweat it. Not everyone likes everything ever made, and we are all entitled to our opinions. Heck, I can't stand VW Beetles and Minis. But I'm fairly certain that some people out there love them. No one will think differently of you if you don't like it...it's just your feelings.

My only request is that you keep an open mind, with the C6 and everything you encounter. You never know how seeing something in a new way, or a new light will change the way you believe.

The C6!

Well, I think the new Vette has a bit of old character moulded into some of the body panels. You can see a bit of the old sharks in there as well as a bit of the C4's. This car is an evolution of the Corvette moulded into one car with new technology thrown in.
I agree though, the headlights are a bit 'Porche-ish', maybe something could be done later.
All in all, I can't wait until we start to import to Australia and convert these babies to right hand drive! Something for the engineers to work on now that they have perfected the other generations including the C5.
It might screw up the satellite navigation a bit for those who have it and I don't think Chev will do any Roadside Assist if the caller rings from 'Downunder" though. :L
Just think, when the next generation and generations after that are released, we will think the same as we do now and bag them, while even though it is new now, the C6 will become a familiar classic and earn respect as others have done since 1953! ;worship

Right, I'll shut up now!

:beer

Tony

22229stingray81 said:
I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but judging from what I've seen (and in respect to Rob, final judgement wont be made until I've seen it in person) I really don't like it. I miss the pop ups, I don't like the front end (looks like too many other types of lesser cars in my opinion) and a host of other things makes me shy away from it, though the performance is outstanding.

-Tatortot
Yea i agree. The performance is quite amazing i just dont care too much for the body.

-Andy

Buster1 said:
For all the C6 "non-likers" out there. Don't sweat it. Not everyone likes everything ever made, and we are all entitled to our opinions. Heck, I can't stand VW Beetles and Minis. But I'm fairly certain that some people out there love them. No one will think differently of you if you don't like it...it's just your feelings.

My only request is that you keep an open mind, with the C6 and everything you encounter. You never know how seeing something in a new way, or a new light will change the way you believe.
Well said... I agree with you.
I saw the car in both coupe and convertible form and honestly, I think it's ok.
I'm not in love with the car at this point, but I didn't really know what to think when I first saw the C5. That body style really grew on me!

If you see the C5 and C6 together which I did at a car show here last month, you can see the difference in the size of the cars.

We're used to seeing the long, flowing lines of the C5.
Those lines have been cut by 5 inches and it will take some getting used to.
Hey, remember we now have five previous generations to pick from in case the C6 isn't for us!

That's it, I'm outta material!!

Pedro

It will be something that will have to take time to grow on you and be somewhat accepted.

If I totaled my C5 I might have to look long at hard about a used C5 vs. a new C6. Hope that day never comes.

Taste of C6

I too have to see it in person I love the wheels, i'm disappointed with the description of how the Nav System will not operate a CD and give directions at the same time even aftermarket stuff comes better than that. They could use a memory set up instead of having to keep the DVD map disc in. I'm C5 all the way right now and I'll have to wait a few more years to see what they do to improve the evolutionary process. I love the droptop having more trunk space even with the top down. I have a coupe now but if I ever upgrade I'll probably go rag!:cool

Lil Red, recheck the post on the nav system. According to C4C5 there are two slots, one for DVD and one for CD so that they can both be used.

I really enjoy these types of discussions. The irony is that in this thread there are people that don't like the C6 for totally opposite reasons. Some don't like it because there is too much change ("I miss my pop-ups") and those who don't think it changed enough ("It looks too much like the C5"). Some want more change and others don't want any because it won't be a "Corvette" if too many items changed.

Personally, I like the exterior. The interior seems to be a little ho-hum, kinda bland, but if the materials are improved over the current materials it's a win in my book. Steering wheel could use an update for '06 though. ;)

Gordon I did see that after I posted this and I also posted over there before I saw his post and had to give a very big NEVERMIND!

It's a ho-hum for me so far. I like the performance aspects of it, but interior and exterior are going to take a LOT of getting used to for me. Hoping the ZO6 is better, because that is what I am waiting for anyway.

It is kind of funny reading the negative posts about the C6. When the C4 came out I thought it was the greatest looking corvette ever made. I loved everything about that car. Then they built the C5 which was new from the ground up. I really didn't like it that much. Thought it was kind of ugly and would still rather own a C4.

Today I own a C5 and love it. I think it is a great looking car and prefer it over the C4. Seeing the C6 kind of reminded me of 20 years ago when I saw the first C4. I really think it is an amazing car and can't wait to own one. BTW, I still love C4s.

Saw it and sat in it at the Bash. Anything different is interesting to look at, but I don't particularly care for the exterior or interior (which was less roomy-feeling than the C5 and a bit tight through the shoulders). The mechanical stuff is nice.

IMO, the styling is hardly groundbreaking, and a lot of design choices that were made not only don't work, but they make the car look cheap.

Many of the choices were apparently made for the Euro market, which is unfortunate since they only sell 1800-2000 cars there, and GM's intent is simply to improve the perception of the rest of the GM line. A more direct approach would have been to improve the cars that were the source of that poor image without compromising the C6.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom