Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone NOT run their front plate?

CeeFive

Corvette
2008 VR ZO6
How many of you DON'T run their front license plate out there in states that require it and how many have been stopped for it? I just hate the way it looks.

We do NOT have the front plates on either of our Corvettes...or our Grand Prix GTP!! I know...we're living on the edge, just asking for a ticket...but that's the chance we'll take!!!

Elaine

negitive for me.
ive had my car one year this month,never had the front plate on and never been pulled over for it.the front looks terrible with the plate showing.later,Todd.

I dont have a vette yet and when i do get one the plate will not be going the front.

I never understood why they even engineered it for a plate. Everyone will be looking at the back anyway as you fly by them!!!!!

Nope, not running a front plate and have not been questioned about it. Just don't be driving like a @ss and they won't bother you.

It does make you wonder what they are looking at though when you are sitting directly across a stop light :D

The 3 years we lived in Texas we never mounted the front plate. Never got stopped for it and was never asked about it. However, we did carry the 'front plate' in the car where it would be handy if needed.

Live in OK now - no front plate.

No front here...If I get pulled over, I plan on telling them Elaine (GS Diva) said it was Okay...:v...If that doesn't work, I will tell them their is a cop here in town that owns a Corvette and he doesn't have a front plate...Then after all that...I will dutifully march to the post office and mail in my money and ticket. :eyerole

if you are questioning the front plat put it on under the cover and if you get stopped take the cover off, when you get home put it back on. in PA a front is not required but in WI it was and the vette was never stopped.

Don't need one in FL but in NY I never put it on the vettes, never had a problem.

Carlo

I have a front plate. Every country in Europe has front and rear plates. If I don't have mine mounted, I can be refused access to the base I work on.

The front plate is required in CT. Most Vettes that I have seen, including mine, do not have it attached to the car. I have it in the cargo storage area just in case.

I'm from Mass also, had the Vette for 2 years with the front plate covered and no problems. Broke my heart when I had to get rid of my last green plate (only required one). My son's Carmaro hasn't had a front plate on it eather since he got it three years ago. Mass is easy since there are still alot of green plates around so you can't tell if the vehicle needs two till you see the color of the plate on the back. Just carry the second one with you shouldn't be a problem if you get stoped but it may cost you $50.

John

..required here in Toronto, ONTARIO, BUT...

I don't use it.

Actually, you can mount your license plate on the car and then use the cover on top.

Never stopped yet. But I've been told that I should say, "I'm on the way to a vette show.... etc etc..."

Should work. Otherwise the fine here is $110.00 each time.

No fines yet.

Will NOT run the plate.
Bill.

Good luck out there!

A Lousiana Vet site had many with the front displayed.
Good for vanity finding. Not nice looking.
Pa only issues one.
I believe about 20 states issue back and front.
Did the Colo. CACer put his on or marry the officer?

I do not run a front plate in CA; it is required here.
Recently I was pulled over for 10 mph over the limit. The CHP let me off with a warning, but did give me a fix it ticket for no plate. I thought that was pretty cool. I installed the plate and got the ticket signed off, then I removed the plate.
It looks better with no front plate and there is better aerodynamic flow also.
Chris :cool

just leave the plate under the cover so when that cop comes by next you can tell him you will fix it while he is there, pop cover off

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom