Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone running a straight-through exhaust?

malc350

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Z51 CE
seeing Chris (89x2)s car made me think this though his has cats (looks like cats) so don't know how relevant this question would be to you Chris?

My car has no cats (legal over here) but has one large centre resonator and custom mufflers which were part of a stainless steel copy of the factory system made for my car before I bought it.

Just wondering if I had no mufflers, i.e. stright through exhaust with just the resonator, would my car be too loud for comfort? It's pretty loud now and people say how great it sounds (real deep tone).

:beer

Malc, Thats actually Callaway4 fun's car -
...just uploaded the pics ;)

He does have small pup cats though :D

sorry Chris

should have read the messages a bit closer instead of just looking at the pics!

Thought those cats would probably quieten the car a bit? Guess I could take my mufflers off and start the car (if they come off that is) and see what it's like...

Malc, late next week I will be running straight thru dual 2.75" exhaust with no cats. But with the power effects I can close up the capsules and quiet the sound if I need to.

malc350 said:
should have read the messages a bit closer instead of just looking at the pics!

Thought those cats would probably quieten the car a bit? Guess I could take my mufflers off and start the car (if they come off that is) and see what it's like...

No prob. - Those pics are quite distracting:crazy

guess I won't be taking my mufflers off

unless I have to. they're welded on :duh

malc350 said:
Malc, you can always drop the exhaust after the center pipe (where the cat used to be) as it is a 2 bolt flange and loosens with ease :cool
Hope this helps :m

SurfnSun said:
Can you take some pics of your exhaust?
I will when I get the chance, next time I move the car out of the garage.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom