Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone with a bigger then stock cube ZR-1... In here

90 Corvette ZR-1

Corvette
90 Red ZR-1
Im kicking around the idea of getting a used 368 or bigger ZR-1. Anyone know anything that I should look out for when looking at one of these cars. TIA.

Also, what tunner does everyone like, LPE, Jeal, DRM, Vette Docs?

Kevin,

Personally I think LPE and DRM are tried and true. I haven't heard enough about the other two to really formulate an opinion.

I like Jeal because he worked on the LT5 when it was being designed and built but he is in England which means huge shiping costs if I have my motor done, the Vette Doctors are LT5 qualified machanics and they are not to far from me, and I have heard good things about both of Jeal and Vette Docs. LPE has Grham(sp) Bean, so that is a plus. DRM did have the Black Widdows and I LOVE thouse cars, so I guess you can say I am still up in the air about this

Kevin, I know Aaron Scott of South Georgia Corvette does really good work too. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and he's a great guy that is very knowledgable of the LT-5. He heard his prices are probably the cheapest as well. Unfortunately I missed his ZR-1 barbecue party at his shop a month back but there's always next year.

I'd love a 368. I think when it's time I will be giving Aaron a call.

Jay

I knew I was forgetting a Tunner. SGC. I was just on his site the day before I posted this. I think I am going to buy a used 368 if I get one. I can't bring myself to mod my 90.

Mike Perlis is selling a really nice 368 for 34k which is a super deal considering the condition and mods. I bought a 93 LPE 368 for 40K and am very happy with the car. the 415s are BRUTAL. I went for a ride in kurt white's car at the sgc lt5 gathering and I couldn't believe how strong it is. dynos at 540+ rwhp, more on the bottle!!!

very stout ride indeed. the 368s are around 15k from aaron which is pretty hard to beat. a "top end job" pulling the heads/int/ ect and porting everything is half that.

you can get up around 500 hp at the crank from a ported stock displacement engine. robin bailer has an lpe 350 with ported heads that makes 511 hp. very stout. my 368 dynoed at 536 and many of the more modern builds are closer to 550 hp, easily with cams.

good luck, take a look at mike's car if you are considering buying a modified zr1 (c4 for sale on the CF), it's a super deal!!! cya.

I wish I was in the market right now, but alas I am not. Im more looking for somewhere between the Gathering and Carlise next year. Im still not sure what car I want, but I figured I would do some homework now and decide lator. I am leaning to a stock ZR-1 or a 368+

buy the 368. they are at fantastic prices, and have quite a bit more pull than the stock LT5, and are even stronger.

my LPE 368 pulls really strong up to 7500 which extends the already fabulous power band a bit more.

I was really impressed in the extra torque at the upper rpms.

I wish I could spring to buy mike's car, it's a super deal!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom