Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Are these people on crack?? See 91 Aero for sale...

S

SurfnSun

http://www.corvette-paradise.com/1991.html

Ok this car has been for sale for at least a year and a half. The original asking price was 65k. After that it dropped to 60k then to 55k. The car went on ebay a while back, no sale of course. Now the thing is listed at $68k........and it has 1000 more miles on it than when originally listed.:confused :eyerole :eyerole

It looks like a very nice car but they are WAY out of touch with the market. They either don't want to sell it or need a dose of reality. :SLAP I wish they were selling in that range!

I wonder what the story was with Corvette Mike having the car for a while? Maybe it was a consignment deal? :confused

Maybe that's supposed to be Canadian $$$???

That car has been for sale, for YEARS!!!! It was priced at 75k a while ago then was at C'vette Mike's for mid 50's at the time the other Aerobody was for sale at rolling art for about the same price
(Although the one at rolling art is a green aero car w/ a front tag BOLTED to the Aero nose!!!WTF!!!)
I would like to see both cars sell but who knows what the market will bear...
I will add that over the weekend, the Burgundy aero convert (91) w/ hardtop was for sale at Carlisle for 69k and it has about the same mileage but no dymags (boyd tri fans instead...)
Don't know how that one did but, the 2 gentlemen sitting by it were not seemingly interested in discussing the vehicle

Keep this in mind, we would all love to buy low and sell high but seriously... If you own a callaway are you really thinking of selling it? W/ that said, keep askin high prices :)
enjoy *89x2*

*89x2* said:
If you own a callaway are you really thinking of selling it? W/ that said, keep askin high prices :)
enjoy *89x2*

When I bought mine two years ago I had serious buyer's remorse. I headed to my first corvette show with For Sale signs in the seat beside me. Top was down...the air was crisp...and the ride over was too much for me. The signs never came out and the remorse was gone. :)

Yea the guy that owned that burgandy vert was asking over 100k for it at one point

I don't think so.

Not sure you could call them crack heads, she's the PUBLIC RELATIONS DIRECTOR and he is the COMPETITION DIRECTOR for NCCC, good people.

hmmmm okay maybe not on crack but please explain the method for which they determine the price of their car???

On even months with 5 tuesdays... we'll subtract two and multiply but 5.7653 + current market value and on odd months with 4 Saturdays we'll......... I don't get it.

Wow, that is a LOT of money considering the fact, that except for the top end speed, I am nipping at those performance figures with a normally aspirated 90 model with a handful of mods.

I imagine if you really have the turbo bug though, somebody will eventually poney up the cash.

I have to imagine that the real performance of these cars is not being reached on the stock settings. The 0-60 time sounds about right, but I would think a Calloway should dip deep in the 11 second range in the quarter with a professional driver, and maybe faster than that with slicks and high performance fuel.

We have Buick Grand Nationals around where I live bouncing into the 10 second range and still have a/c and fully regestered plates. Those can be had for about $20,000.

It don't bother me how people determine their price, only how much I think I should pay. Once in a while they are the same, not this time.

two entirely different cars here...

69MyWay said:
Wow, that is a LOT of money considering the fact, that except for the top end speed, I am nipping at those performance figures with a normally aspirated 90 model with a handful of mods.

We have Buick Grand Nationals around where I live bouncing into the 10 second range and still have a/c and fully regestered plates. Those can be had for about $20,000.

As the owner of another 89 (L98 non-turbo) as well, I can say they are two totally different cars... The Callaway is a powerhouse where the L98 runs out of steam:D
The other day I encountered an experience of how the Callaway power feels... I was rear ended in my daily driver 4 banger and abruptly pushed forward w/ great force... That IS A Callaway Twin Turbo!!!:)
As far as Turbo Buicks...don't get me started on those!!! I had an 87 GN POS and although quick as heck w/ 17psi, it couldn't steer clear of anything and the brakes were awful!!! Those "Fast w/ class" folks are Soooo mis-guided
Enjoy, *89x2*
ps, anyone know where I can buy an 87 GN??? I all the sudden miss mine...

It is funny you mention that about the GN. Back in college I had put a 383 in my 85 Vette. It was deadly from 0-60 and red light to red light nearly untouchable for the street car crowd. There was a young fellow here with a rather modified GN. His car was super fast, but red light to red light was not as competitive as raw cubic inches, etc. He actually ran a faster quarter by over a second, but in the 1/8 miles, which equates to real world street driving, I could crush him.

Anyway, I had to spank him on a regular basis on any given Saturday night that I was out cruising. He would even run me down, make his friends get out of the car at the red light, tweak his computer or whatever he was doing inside the car, and get so ticked off when he was still looking at my tail lights. I realize after several weeks that I had not seen him for a while. Turns out he was driving it down a road we have actually called "race track road" and attempted to turn and brake around a series of turns in the road. Well, the GN would not have anything to do with that and ended up on its roof in the ditch.

That is the other nice thing about my L98 (he, he,) 90 model. It does not have near the raw bottom end explosive acceleration that the stroker motor did, but when those Edelbrock heads, miniram intake, and larger throttle body all get happy together, the sensation is share blisss. I can't imagine what a turbo would be like on top of all that.

Like the early model Calloway, my body and rims are stock looking, so there are no outbound signals that there is something hot under the hood.

Sorry, I am way off topic here. However, we were at an autocross a couple of weeks ago. A fellow there had a 93 or so RX7 twin turbo. Super cool guy named Carlos. He is a Navy pilot. When he popped the hood, all you could see was polished tubes, hoses, a massive intercooler in the nose, and plumbing out the ying yang. He claimed that tiny little monster was putting out 395 hsp at the rear wheels on the last dyno test. He had a pair of larger turbos, after market computer, etc. etc. etc.

When he fired it up, that rotory motor sounded like a freakin jet.

My point is, who is doing this kind of stuff with the calloway, if anybody? I would love to see some pictures. I kept thinking to myself, other than the lack of upper RPM of the 90 degree push rod motor vs. the rotary, that kind of technology would put a Vette in the 800 hsp range.

We have a tuner turbo shop down the road cramming turbos on little import cars. They are putting stock honda civics in the low 12
s and high 11s!

How are they doing this?

When I was hunting down my Aerobody TT, I saw that add when they were asking $79~$75K, and came to the same conclusion.

I also saw that car at Corvette Mike last winter. Rather nice with so few miles but the black is a b**ch to keep up, I know from my Buick GNX.

There's plenty of pictures on my website listed below. 69MyWay, also check out my GNX website at http://www.employees.org/~luigi/Buicks.htm

Luigi

TurboLuigi said:

There's plenty of pictures on my website listed below. 69MyWay, also check out my GNX website at http://www.employees.org/~luigi/Buicks.htm

Luigi

Thank you for the link! No doubt you have had, and you have some awesome machinery in your garage.

I think I saw your TT at Octobervette last year in Kissimmee. At least, there was one the same color that looked like it. That huge puddle next to the car was from my drooool.

In 1994 I came within an ace of buying a 1987 Calloway. It was being offered to me for around $19,000 by a local Corvette only dealer. Now I kick myself for not buying it. Anyway, I could not get past the color. It was that champain/brown/gold looking exterior color with that same color interior. There were no body mods that I remember other than ducts on the hood and a pair of decals on each side behind the door glass that said Calloway. There was a book in the back of the car with build pics and a series of certificates where a local physician had originally taken delivery of it.

The other problem was it blew a HUGE puff of blue smoke when you first fired the engine. After a couple of sleepless nights, I passed on it and the 90 ZR1 that was competing for my dollars at the time. Settled to drop a hotter engine in the 85, new rims, lowering kit, and new body panels. Hey, live and learn!

69MyWay said:

Thank you for the link! No doubt you have had, and you have some awesome machinery in your garage.

In 1994 I came within an ace of buying a 1987 Calloway
***snip***
There were no body mods that I remember other than ducts on the hood and a pair of decals on each side behind the door glass that said Calloway.
Yeah that was an 87... Stock (stealthy) body w/ the twin NACA ducts in the hood
One other thing (don't think I am being picky here but...) It is CallAway not CallOway ;)
enjoy :beer *89x2*

Yep that was me at OctoberVettes. Next year I'll take it in its Convertible form!...

See Ya around the state!...

Luigi
:w

*89x2* said:

Yeah that was an 87... Stock (stealthy) body w/ the twin NACA ducts in the hood
One other thing (don't think I am being picky here but...) It is CallAway not CallOway ;)
enjoy :beer *89x2*

:L You see, since you can't "hear" other people talk on these forums, you have to glean from the written text what kind of accent they have! :L

The one that drives me crazy is when you open up an autotrader and see Camaros for sale. There is always at least one in there spelled Camero. Does a Camaro by any other name drive the same? (Now I am a poet!)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom