Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Armrest needs fix

brian7836

Corvette
1980 Frost Beige
My armrest is cracked and separates about 2/3 of the way through. I would like to fix it so it does not break completely. Any suggestions for a glue or epoxy.
Thanks,
Brian

I would suggest just getting a replacement for it from Mid-America (www.madirect.com). They make nice and reliable products, and if money permits, it would be better to just replace instead of glue. But, depending on how bad it is. If it's little, then I would try the glue. Good luck!! :)

TR

If the bolts aren't holding it securely...

...and the armrest is already compromised...glue or epoxy would only be a temporary bandaid.
I also opt for replacement.
Heidi

Bob... you mean you finally have the skins on? :D

Brian ...... go with the aftermarket parts. Cheaper, easier and the color match should be no problem.

............. Nut

Nut said:
Bob... you mean you finally have the skins on? :D

Nah. Just wanted to see if I could get some attention.

I took the access panels for the window regulatos and painted them, which meant scraping off the old gasket. Ordered the wrong ones and finally found the right ones with Doc Rebuild. Should be here by the end of the week.

Once they come in anything is possible.

i had a small crack that i used a good "mixing type" epoxy....if you find some nice strong strip of plastic or aluminum you can push it into the wet glue to "bridge " the gap and add strenghth.....it was a small crack on mine that is gone now.....well i know its there....chas

I used some vinyl and plastic repair kit from www.jcwhitney.com and it worked very well. Ive also used Bondo creme with hardener for such things, and it sets up hard and makes a good tight fit.

Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom