Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"ASE Certified"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people only knew what a joke "ASE Certified" was they'd quit bringing their cars to shops that boasted they had ASE Certified technicians. When it became impossible to buy R-12 without an A/C license I went thru the hassle of taking the open pamphlet test one night while I was watching The Beverly Hillbillies so I could become ASE Certified in Automotive Air Conditioning. If I recall correctly it took me about an hour to skim thru the annoying 25-page pamphlet that has the answers scattered thruout the pages which meant I had to skim thru it over and over again. So if you're ASE Certified in something PLEASE don't brag about it.

If people only knew what a joke "ASE Certified" was they'd quit bringing their cars to shops that boasted they had ASE Certified technicians. When it became impossible to buy R-12 without an A/C license I went thru the hassle of taking the open pamphlet test one night while I was watching The Beverly Hillbillies so I could become ASE Certified in Automotive Air Conditioning. If I recall correctly it took me about an hour to skim thru the annoying 25-page pamphlet that has the answers scattered thruout the pages which meant I had to skim thru it over and over again. So if you're ASE Certified in something PLEASE don't brag about it.

FWIW I am no big fan of ASE training but it is a requirement and there is nothing wrong with it. No one I know of is "bragging" about, I'm certainly not, but since I am certified I state it.

Just for the record toobroke, what career training do you have to openly flame ASE Certified training?

The CAC is a place where we enrich the hobby through sharing knowledge, experiences, and building camaraderie.

Please stick to the topic, which is C3 Technical and Performance. This thread is not about third generation Corvettes. Nor does it build a sense of camaraderie.

You are warned. Thread is locked.

KANE
Corvette Action Center Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom