Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Assembly Plant Tours - Part 2

Tom73

Corvette
73 LS4 Coupe - 04 CE Conv
Well did the plant tour last week, but it seemed shorter then in previous years. Anyone know if the tour has been shortened (is that a word?) up. Took one hour and seemed to have a lot fewer stops.

Also in the past the tours at the First Start, where they start the cars for the first time, they had taken someone from the tour group to start one car and gave them a certificate for participating in the "birth" of a Corvette. But not this time.

Anyone know what has happened to the tour?

tom...

I've been through 4 times now in the past 2 years......All of them seemed to be an hour, but the last couple of times did seem to have not as many stops. When I went though last month they did let someone start one....but I don't remember the other times.

I did the tour last week also. On Tuesday the 11th. Tour seemed about the same as last year (about 1 hour). I know on previous tours I had heard about people being able to start the car for the first time but neither last year nor this year did any of our group get the chance.

Baldie88

Same here. My son and I took the morning tour Monday(17th) and unlike previous tours, starting a new car was not mentioned.
On past tours the guide had seemed very knowledgeable about Corvettes.
This time a college student was our guide and was not very sharp on most statistics and certainly not very enthusiastic.
Great tour though and got to see several C6 models.
I'm not very impressed with the new body style but my son (age 19) thinks they are great.
All in all a great trip!!!
Woodie
"SAVE THE WAVE"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom