Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

At Carlisle I saw from C1 female hood latches that were chromed...

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
At Carlisle I saw some C1 female hood latches that were chromed...

And I believe that they were on a 62.....which means that finding female hood latches for that year is next to impossible....so is my only option to get my existing hood latches chromed? I know that I can get male pieces from Paragon for the '60 that are chromed, that just leaves the female pieces...comments on sources?

thanks, Herb

Herb,
Nobody reproduces the latches. Paragon, or Mary Jo rohner would be a good source of used originals, but don't be suprised to pay a couple of hundred hundred dollars for some serviceable used ones. I would expect to drop at least another $100 each to have them poilshed and chromed. There are a lot of little nooks and crannies on these latches, and take a lot of effort to grind and polish. Why are you not just sending you old ones off for chrome plating?

I had ours on the 62 chromed and used the ones I had. I don't know where you can buy the latches already chromed but one source for originals may be Mary Jo Rohner. Corvette Central may also have some used units. At least their catalog says "inquire".

Rich Lagasse

John Mcgraw said:
Herb,
Nobody reproduces the latches. Paragon, or Mary Jo rohner would be a good source of used originals, but don't be suprised to pay a couple of hundred hundred dollars for some serviceable used ones. I would expect to drop at least another $100 each to have them poilshed and chromed. There are a lot of little nooks and crannies on these latches, and take a lot of effort to grind and polish. Why are you not just sending you old ones off for chrome plating?
it appears that is what I may have to do...anyone got an idea of what it costs to get those things plated????

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom