Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

B&B Tri Flow Exhaust

D

Doutdoor

Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust system. It looks like a well built system and I like the exhaust tips. Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm looking for a good system. I've also looked at Corsa and like what I saw. This is for a 92 LT1.

Thanks,
Dave

-=Jeff=-

Corvette
1990 ZR-1
depends what type of sound you want..

My friend has the B&B on his 94 convertible.. nice deep throaty Sound..

Corsa sounds okay but is too quiet on a stock corvette..

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
When my Dad was in the Northern Alberta Covette Club quite a few C4 owners used the B&B Ive heard nothing but good things about them if that helps.

D

Doutdoor

Thanks

Thak You everone for the reply's.

Dave

J

johnny

Dave,

On my 86 vette I use the 2,5" after kat system, it look hot and it sound hot. If you are looking for a silentssystem, buy original mufflers. If you want something hot, buy B&B.

My friend has Corsa 3" under his zr1, this is hot also. Good kwality and performance.

Al the rest sucks, believe me.

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
I sure like my Dynomax SS Mufflers, also the Borla are a excellent choice.

J

johnny

I am so sorry, I forgot de dynomax mufflers! But I do not like the Borla's, I had a Borla's before and they add NO extra power. Not one single hp.

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Really! Wow for the money they are you'd think they would give you something..huh. I know the look good and are stainless but forget them if they ain't a good performer.

J

johnny

and something else, I had a Borla under my JEEP. It cracked after 100 miles.

I had a new one okay, but it still cracked.

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
Dave,

I've heard a Tri Flow on a 94 ZR1 and the sound was just earth shattering #@$#

It was very intimidating.

Twin_Turbo

Corvette
1982 Twin Turbocharged Red/Black
Borla mufflers WILL improve your power & torque simply because about every aftermarket muffler has less backpressure than the stock mufflers. This means that if the power increase is zero you have a restriction elsewhere, most likely in the catalytic converter.

Furthermore, the stock 2-1-2 system isn't very good, the 2.5" pipes are restrictive. You should go for at least a 2,75" system or better yet duals (at least 2,5")

The only marketed muffler with close to 0 backpressure that I know of is the Borla XR-1.

A cat back system (after cat?) is NOWHERE near effective enough for power levels over a 250-300 Hp. The front Y-pipe is one of the most restrictive parts after the headers.

There's no substitute for a good handcrafted 2x 3" stainless system!

Marck

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
Twinnie said:
Borla mufflers WILL improve your power & torque simply because about every aftermarket muffler has less backpressure than the stock mufflers. This means that if the power increase is zero you have a restriction elsewhere, most likely in the catalytic converter.

Furthermore, the stock 2-1-2 system isn't very good, the 2.5" pipes are restrictive. You should go for at least a 2,75" system or better yet duals (at least 2,5")

The only marketed muffler with close to 0 backpressure that I know of is the Borla XR-1.

A cat back system (after cat?) is NOWHERE near effective enough for power levels over a 250-300 Hp. The front Y-pipe is one of the most restrictive parts after the headers.

There's no substitute for a good handcrafted 2x 3" stainless system!

Marck

I had a conversation about HP improvements with respects to the exhaust on a guys Mustang. He bought Flowmasters and said they advertise a 10% increase in HP. I told him that he would only see a 10% increase if he optimized the whole exhaust system from engine to tips. Am I correct?

From what I've read here in the CAC, any after market performance exhaust is better flowing than stock. I do believe that it is BigRed who stated that the C4 exhaust is more restrictive than the C5, thus you would notice more improvement.

Twin_Turbo

Corvette
Yes, all stock systems are restrictive. I'm not sure what to say about afvertized improvements, usually it's in combination w/ other stuff as a marketing trick..

Also, an increase in percentages is silly, that means the more power you start w/ the more gains but actually when you'r running a lot of power the header size quickly becomes restrictive again.

Marck

J

johnny

Mmmmmmmmmmm..................

Indeed, the stock mufflers are resticted. But when you buy aftermarket products, buy the best.

You buy a B&B or a Corsa. I think Dynomax is also good.

Value for the money.

Borla isn't cheap either.

And, on the Dyno I did not see any improofment, with the B&B it does.

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
Guys, go easy on me, it was only a Mustang:D LOL.

I personally went with Flowmaster and the system should be coming in next week. I can't wait to install it because I know it's a definite improvement over what I have now, which is basically stock. After I install the catback system, I'm going with a HyperTech chip and then open up that air filter.

Twin_Turbo

Corvette
Did you dyno the same setup w/ the B&B and then w/ the borla's (or vice versa)??? I find this very strange, a buddy of mine dynoed quite some combinations and has found the borla's to outflow about anything. I'm not talking about the XR-1's here but about the stainless ones!

Marck

D

Doutdoor

Exhaust Systems

From what I've read guys, a system called Power Effects will out flow any system. Their testing reveals a 55% better flow than stock. The Borla system was next at 42%. The Power Effects system is a complete stainless steel 2.5" tunable exhaust system meaning you can adjust the exhaust flow rate by turning valves on each muffler to attain the sound and performance characteristic you want. I thought that was pretty cool.

The tips are black though and still look pretty nice, although I think I prefer the chrome tips on other exhaust systems.

Twin_Turbo

Corvette
The PE system uses little motors to open and close a valve in the exhaust.... that's a little ricey for my taste.

Are you talking about the cat back system here?

Marck

Tomrw

Corvette
2000 Black Conv. Bassani Exhaust.
I have a Bassani Quad Catback on my C5 and I love the sound and profromance.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom