Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{B2K} External Thermostat - Get rid of it!!!

*89x2*

External thermostat is GONE :upthumbs
Installed a 180 deg. thermostat into the stock water neck w/ a 1/8" air bleed hole and MAN O MAN - what a difference!!!

The car now runs down the highway at 197 oil / 203 water temps
In traffic, slow moving - it got to an absolute high of 224 oil / 225 water :)

This is Summer day driving with the AC FULL blast - something I was not able to do before...

If your B2K still has the external thermostat & is running hotter than it should, do this swap as recommended by the Engine Staff at Callaway Cars -thanks guys :beer

Ohh - lower spoiler is also fitted now - I am sure that helped as well ;)

Us Texans have also benefited from changing the thermostat, but we have to drop down to a 160 deg. stat. Another benefit is changing the temp. sender unit located on the driver side head. This kicks the aux. fan (B4P option) on at 200 degrees and shuts off at 185. On those really hot days this is a must.

Another external thermostat conversion

Mine finally failed. Calls/emails to Callaway got the recommendation to convert and a promise of part numbers. Still no further response from them, so I missed Carlisle this year. Searched and found you and Callaway4fun had both done the conversion. Any help with part numbers or a source will be appreciated.

Mine finally failed. Calls/emails to Callaway got the recommendation to convert and a promise of part numbers. Still no further response from them, so I missed Carlisle this year. Searched and found you and Callaway4fun had both done the conversion. Any help with part numbers or a source will be appreciated.

Interesting, I would like to hear more. Ron Davis is here in AZ, I replaced the rad & thermostat and that has worked well :w

i10fwy
87-070

Though I can't help you with a part number, Indy, I can give your post a bump to keep it on top of the heap and hopefully someone with the info you seek will be along shortly.

From the list of Corvettes you own, it sounds like you have an impressive fleet. :thumb
Enjoy - and welcome to the :CAC
:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom