Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! "Back-Up" Lights — '94 6 Spd

Donne Trav

Corvette
1994 Blk/Blk
Over the period of a few yrs. now, my '94 6 spd has had an intermittent problem with the back-up lights — "sometimes they work, most times they don't work. At times when I would engaged "reverse" and played with the brake and clutch pedals, simultaneously, the back-up lights would come on. Most recently, that hasn't happened. They might work normal for maybe 10 to 15 shifts to reverse then stop working for triple that amount of shifts. Weird.
willy_nilly.gif

Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I had to replace the back-up light switch on my 1996 Grand Sport. For manual transmissions, the switch is located under the car on the top side of the transmission (on the driver's side). It's a difficult reach and in a tight location, but doable if you have the time. I had the dealership replace mine.

Eckler's has the switch for $39.99, part #39448. Corvette Central sells for $39.95, part #594347. I believe it's GM part #10159402.

For automatic transmissions, I believe the switch is accessible from inside the car below the shifter panel. It may be a different part number.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom