Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bad clear coat on 95 wheel

golfjpc

Corvette
2014 Premier Edition Lime Rock Green
My right rear wheel surface looks all cracked up - I assume this is the clear coat letting loose. I'm in west central Florida - any recommendations of someone who can refinish it? Also, are the 94 and 95 wheels identical? I have a company willing to sell me 4 refinished 94's in exchange for my 95's (all for about $450 plus shipping). Good deal?? The other 3 wheels still look good - no scratches, etc. How long until they start going bad? Is it inevitable? Thanks - Later, JPC

That price for the refinished wheels sounds like a good deal.There are some places in the back of the main auto mags(autoweek,motor trend,car and driver)that refinsh wheels and or sell you refinished wheels.I would do it as a package deal because if one is flaking/cracking its not going to be long before the others do.

The wheels are the same from 1993-1996, with a couple of exceptions, the basic rule of thumb is the basic stock wheels are all the same. All of your wheels will probably have a problem. It usually has to do with what cleaners have been used on the wheels, and/or where the car sits. The thing is, for not much more you can get ZR1 style wheels, or something else different, and just keep your factory wheels for when you sell the car.

What are the best places to get the ZR1 (I assume same as collector's edition) wheels? I read in that other thread that $1000 is the going rate for A mold (not reproduction) wheels? If I ever decide to go this way, are the reproductions heavier or are they cheaper because of quality?

Thanks,
Andy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom