Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

bad day really bad

Corvette
2003 Electron Blue Coupe and 2003 Yellow Coupe
well my wife calls me on her way home from work.she works in the mall for jcpenney.she tells me our new 04 black coupe has been hit with eggs. black paint outside temp 95 deg. you guessed it ruined paint.why do people do this kind of thing? got an estimate from fairway chevy 3500$ almost every panel. im sick she fells worse.what can you do? well thanks for letting me unload.
jeff

Its a shame they did away with public hangings, a few well placed Gallows would deter crime. I wonder if you found out who did it could their parents be held responsible, hang out at the mall with a video camera they will probably do it to someone else.

yes eggs will eat through paint.well thats what the body guy at fairway told me,he said if left on long enough it will go all the way through.he said hot days and black paint are the worst.

jeff

I just dont understand what people are thinking. The person who did that should be shot. I know my girlfriends car was keyed. The back window of my 4runner was shot out with a BB gun. However nothing to serious against the vette. Found spit on it a few times. Then there was this one time when it was a little dusty, some dumbass wrote wash me on it. I found out who it was and told him if I ever see him again I will break his arm and that is a guarantee.

Bottom line is that I really feel for your situation. I am certain that someday I am going to put a video camera in my car just for this reason. I would however make it a point to investigate that area.

Best of Luck
Craig

My car got hit with one egg around this time last year. Lucky for me it was not on there long and it was raining and night time it was on the bottom of the driver door. I was lucky it came off. Im really sorry it had to happen. I think you should definetly file a claim for this. 3500 is a lot. Good luck and just remember theres nothing you can do about it it now except get it fixed. Find the kids and makem pay (money or a beating or both).

yes i have to file a claim i have state farm with 250$ ded.they said they would take care of it but its a shame any body has to pay for something so stupid,thats one reason rates are so high. the car is less than a month old 950 miles. we havent even made the first payment yet.
jeff

I would write the car off with 950 miles.
Tell the adjuster you are NOT happy.
Say bye-bye and get the new c6.

Is this a possibility?:mad
-Bill.

Good luck.

Have your wife check with mall security to see if there are any video tapes she can view of the parking area where the vandalism occured.

If there are, they can be turned in to local police. If the picture is clear and the delinquents are familiar to law enforcement, it will be easy for them to determine who perpetrated the crime and pay them a 'little visit'.
Heidi

vetteboy86 said:
I just dont understand what people are thinking. The person who did that should be shot. I know my girlfriends car was keyed. The back window of my 4runner was shot out with a BB gun. However nothing to serious against the vette. Found spit on it a few times. Then there was this one time when it was a little dusty, some dumbass wrote wash me on it. I found out who it was and told him if I ever see him again I will break his arm and that is a guarantee.

Bottom line is that I really feel for your situation. I am certain that someday I am going to put a video camera in my car just for this reason. I would however make it a point to investigate that area.

Best of Luck
Craig
Remember when your 4Runner and my vette got egged? Luckily it was at night time and the egg was still fresh so it all came out. It just makes me sick how people can do things like that to other peoples property.

Justin

Sorry to hear about this kind of malicious mischief. It has always been a side effect of owning and enjoying something I like. Get it fixed and drive and enjoy. Its very unlikley that that will ever happen again. My wife reminds me often (take the vette thats why we have Insurance)

I had one strange mark on the black '97 that I bought used. It was a series of small scratches/gouges on one fender. They were in an oval shape. I was told that eggshell was responsible. :mad

I hate to say it but other people being envious and sometimes acting on it is something that comes with the territory of Corvette ownership, especially with a brand new C5.

There are people out there, who for whatever reason, don't like us because of our cars. Do they know you or your wife? Probably not but they've probably made some assumptions of what kind of people you are because of the car that you drive.

warren s said:
Wow, what a shame. I would be plotting vengance and suing the malls property owner.

I have known that brake fluid will eat through clear coat and paint, but eggs will also ruin paint?
This is a real unforunate problem ,we half to live with risk in life. We just do our best to minimize risk .

Sir , you scare me. Are you serious when you say that you would sue the mall owner? He didn't raise this dumb kid that commited the act.

If you file a police report wouldn't they check for video survellance at the mall since this is more than $1000?. Mall owner should be posting bulletins etc for information as this makes his mall look "Insecure and unsafe" to others using the parking lot. If no one saw anything, how safe is it for people going to their cars etc? Probably some idiots who thought it was a "Harmless prank" and didn't realize the cost of damages. People talk so you can bet someone soon will hear who did it when they are stupid enough to brag about it. Really sorry that you had to go through this crap due to anothers ignorance and stupidity. They should be held responsible for damages if at all possible to find them. Good luck on your search.

I'm sorry that happened. Eggs are really bad on paint. I know it sucks since you just bought the car.:mad

Hope things get better.:beer

I'll admit that in my younger, stupid days I used to get a kick out of egging people walking on the side of the road or it was especially funny if they were riding a bike while it hit and splattered on them from their spokes.......

That was a LONG TIME AGO during a very rough part of my life - think I was taking my frustration out on the world so to speak. Of course, now I don't even harm insects.... Even back then, though, I never vandalized people's property and certainly never egged their cars.

I'm so sorry this happened. It happened to me with one of my other vehicles once while I was driving down the road. I turned around and chased them through an apartment complex screaming I had a gun in the car. I didn't, of course, but I thought scaring them might make them think twice about it in the future.

well my wife called and mall security is checking the video. the cameras were on. i never said i was going to sue the mall .thanks for all your support,i will let you know what happens.
jeff

SG4206 said:
This is a real unforunate problem ,we half to live with risk in life. We just do our best to minimize risk .

Sir , you scare me. Are you serious when you say that you would sue the mall owner? He didn't raise this dumb kid that commited the act.
YES!!!!!
I would sue the Malls owner. This is not about taking risk, the property owner is responsible for providing security for the parked vehicles. The same way they are responsible if a pot hole develops in the parking lot and some one breaks a leg walking through it in the dark and falls. This is not a case of a lady slipping on water in a supermarket and suing for millions while she has no proven injury.

The mall has insurance for situations like this, thats one reason why shop keepers in a mall pay top dollar for rent. If the owner has his insurance pay for the repair, his insurance company will contacts the malls insurance comapny any way for restitution. I would at least let the mall know I will sue and see if an agreement can be made out of court.

I don't know if I agree...I can't see how it is the Mall property owner's responsibility to make certain that nothing happens to your car while it is on his property.
If the same vandalism occured while the car was parked on a public street, would the city be liable? :( I don't see it happening.

As far as I'm concerned, the property owner appears to have their bases covered by keeping a well-paved, well-lit lot with security cameras. BTW, these cameras are usually only monitored by personnel around Christmas, otherwise they are surveilance tapes. Hopefully law enforcement will be able to recoginze the envious delinquents.
Heidi

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom