Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Barry K, VNV: Did you survive the storm?

alps66

Corvette
1966 milano maroon 427/390
I hope that both of you and your cars were unscathed by the storm that came through Carlisle on Saturday evening. And what about the palm trees and pink flamingos at your Carlisle Caribbean Cabana? Please let us know.
Regards,
Jeff

I just got off the phone with mark -- he is home safe and sound. He got out before the storm hit. Mark told me Barry is fine also.

Yeah.. And my Pink Flamingos were still standing...:D

Don't scare me like that, guys. I stay away one year and the Heavens open up. ;shrug

;)

Don't scare me like that, guys. I stay away one year and the Heavens open up. ;shrug

;)

Yeah it was Nasty Hot... The Vendor walk ways were not crowded at all. Looked like attendance was off by 50% due to the heat on Saturday.

Yeah it was Nasty Hot... The Vendor walk ways were not crowded at all. Looked like attendance was off by 50% due to the heat on Saturday.
I treid to see the link, had to be a member of Vetteheads forum to see it....so I signed up, but then of course it thought I was trying to post and as a new member you can't do that till someone activates your account...I am sure they are great photos....just can't see them........

I treid to see the link, had to be a member of Vetteheads forum to see it....so I signed up, but then of course it thought I was trying to post and as a new member you can't do that till someone activates your account...I am sure they are great photos....just can't see them........

Sorry,
I removed the link as it won't work unless you are a member. It takes a few days to get hooked up.

Maybe Duntov097 will post them here.

:beer

I'm here and Linda and I are OK, thanks for asking. The '65 came through the storm with zero damage.
The Tiki Lounge (our tent set-up) was completely destroyed and mangled as were most other tents of course but we will rebuild again next year bigger and better than ever :)
Mark's pink Flamingo's were the only things that survived the carnage.

We were sitting at Cracker Barrel for dinner when the storm hit and I was in no condition to drive to the field to check on the car because of a painkiller someone gave me for my back that I pulled yesterday morning but Linda and another member of our club went over to the field around 9pm to check things out and they brought the '65 back to the hotel to keep her safe.
I went over there around 5:30am this morning and things were just really bad!
It wasn't a tornado but just some REAL SERIOUS straight line winds that did a lot of damage as previous pictures have shown.
A number of injuries but luckily nobody killed as the rumors last night were saying - we had heard two people killed but that wasn't true thank god.
This is definitely a Carlisle year to remember but until the storm hit it was a great show even with the outrageous heat on Saturday.

it was great seeing a lot of you guys again and great to meet many of you for the first time this year. Thanks to all of you that stopped by the tent to say hi and to those that I missed because I wasn't there when you stopped by I'm sorry I missed you.

I was there Thursday afternoon and Friday, and bailed outta there about noon on Saturday back to my hotel in Harrisburg when it hit 98* and 95%; couldn't handle that level of heat and humidity, in spite of our generator and oscillating fans in our Vetteheads.com tent. Hit the road for home Sunday morning after a good night's sleep. :)

We bailed at 1PM on Saturday. Broke down our vendor spots, packed things up, and headed out at 2 PM. Was home at 3:30. I had been up there all day Thursday and Friday.

OUTRAGEOUS heat. :) Just can't take it like I used to.

Very little foot traffic in the swap meet on Saturday.

Heard about the storm on the Internet.

Chuck

I was there Thursday afternoon and Friday, and bailed outta there about noon on Saturday back to my hotel in Harrisburg when it hit 98* and 95%; couldn't handle that level of heat and humidity, in spite of our generator and oscillating fans in our Vetteheads.com tent. Hit the road for home Sunday morning after a good night's sleep. :)

My Brother and I split at around 3:pm. It was to freaken hot.!! I had drank 3 bottels of water and I was still not getting cool. We were under our tent and out of the sun but it did no good.

That kind of heat is verey dangerous. Back to the room and a nice cool shower and a Nappy.:D :cool

yeah..... we know how much you OLD guys need your afternoon nappy's!
:D :D :D

Don't worry Barry, your time is not that far away.:rotfl

I was on the grounds late Wednesday to help Jeff unload his car at the SRIII booth. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday started at 07:30. I left at about 18:00 on Thursday, 15:30 on Friday and around 14:30 on Saturday. Yeah, us old guys need our afternoon nappy's. AND we need to take a swim and start the evening's festivities.:beer:beer

This year was definitely hot and humid. I've been there when it was hotter (106 in the old wooden grandstand)

Jeff's car survived the storm without injury and we loaded up about 06:30 on Sunday morning, left the fairgrounds about 12:30.

Looking VERY forward to next year.:v:v

CHEERS to everyone.:beer:beer:beer:beer

Rich

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom