Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Barry...where are the pics?

Tripleblack51

Corvette
C7 Z06 /1967 Coupe
(Chant)
We want Baby! We want Baby!

How's the "wing" coming along?

:w

nothing new since i posted last Friday after the car came out of the paint booth on Thursday evening.
My guy is only going to be in the shop yesterday and today of this week so I'm not expecting too much to get done until next week now. So, figuring mostly restarting work on the car next week, he figures a weeks worth of final wetsanding/blocksanding and buffing than another week for reassembly of the car.
I'm hoping to get the car back in time to get her cleaned up and to a show our club is holding on the 19th but I've also learned not to expect the car to be done until my painter is happy with her so who knows..........

the arm is doing ok. the cast comes off on Monday than I have to just wait until the bone finishes healing. they said it takes 6-8 weeks even though the cast only stays on for two weeks.

BarryK said:
I'm hoping to get the car back in time to get her cleaned up and to a show our club is holding on the 19th but I've also learned not to expect the car to be done until my painter is happy with her so who knows..........

the arm is doing ok. the cast comes off on Monday than I have to just wait until the bone finishes healing. they said it takes 6-8 weeks even though the cast only stays on for two weeks.

Keep the chin up Barry.

You'll soon be good as new and so will Baby..actually Baby will probably be better than new!

Hang in there...

Pedro

:beer

Barry,
All kidding aside I was able to get out this morning for a couple of hours after a week of intermittent rain. In fact it (the rain) just came back. The car is running very well and does, as we know about C2s, capture a lot of attention. It was a real treat to be reminded of how small these cars are, how uncomfortable they are, and how much they stink. Loved it!

morning007.jpg

My first show is coming up this Sunday. It's one I enjoy very much and this year is of particular significance as its general theme is 60 years after the end of WWII. My Father was a Wireless Air Gunner (WAG) in Lancasters. Here's the link.

http://www.byward-market.com/byward_events.php?id_num=8

Paul, I've said it before but i'm saying it again- you car looks GREAT!!!!!!! I know how proud you must feel when you look at her, not to mention while driving her.
the stinger hoods are so :cool but on top of that, the black stinger color sets perfect against the black spokes of the wheels.

nice show :) that looks great for your first show - now you get to really show her off. just bring a lot of towels with you to wipe everyones drool off your fenders.

Barry,
Have you a link to a Harley-Davidson belt buckle spray repellent? D**n, those people who lean inside to see your interior give me the heebie-jeebies. I may have a supply of courtesy BBQ bibs on hand.

paul79 said:
Barry,
D**n, those people who lean inside to see your interior give me the heebie-jeebies.

I know! last year while at a show - and the cars were taped off - two women leaned over the tape, actually opened the door to my car to look inside than shut it, decided they liked the sound it made while closing so did it again!
:mad
I was around the car talking to someone else and didn't notice this until hearing the door shut, turned around fast enough to watch it slam shut the second time. My jaw was still on the floor when they looked at me, smiled, and walked away. :r

Paul, The car looks great, enjoy the weekend and the car!

The first time, the very first time I drove the car other than for a test run, I had the 65 out at a cruise night. I had the hood up so that the people could see the restored engine bay. I was very proud of all the hard work and how clean everything looked. It was a little chilly out that evening and some people had spring coats on. What a nice Z scratch from a zipper I had on the top of the left fender. The scratch went to the gray primer. Metallic sure look nice, but they are hard to touch up and match the metallic on a lacquer paint job. That is one of the reasons that I choose bc/cc the second time around.

If you find a product that will teach people respect and how to view a car please advise and I will purchase some.

Ray, that's awful! Makes you understand climbing a clocktower with a sniper rifle a little better now.......... ;LOL

that's one of the big reasons we went with BC/CC also

Barry,
Yes BC/CC as well. The NCRS are coming to take me away....

Just finished the graphite treatment on the exhaust manifolds. And burned it in. Looks very nice.

I'm ready............for summer. Give me a date for your car to come home. We can have a virtual party!!

PS - That's not a knock on NCRS. I have very high regard for the organization. And I am a member. Just wanted to do things my way.

I'm Confused.........

BarryK said:
I know! last year while at a show - and the cars were taped off - two women leaned over the tape, actually opened the door to my car to look inside than shut it, decided they liked the sound it made while closing so did it again!
:mad
I was around the car talking to someone else and didn't notice this until hearing the door shut, turned around fast enough to watch it slam shut the second time. My jaw was still on the floor when they looked at me, smiled, and walked away. :r

And you just let them walk away? We need to talk, I have stress cracks, spider cracks and my paint is getting old. I'm forgiving if you lean on my trailer, the vette, the truck or the Harley will get you a different opinion of me, for that matter, lean on somebody else's vette and I'll rip you a new AZZ:SLAP

yep, i let them walk away. by the time i was able to do anything they were already walking away. At this point what was done was done, if I ran after them and started to make make a scene imagine the senario - a guy running after 2 middle aged women than haressing them........ who do you think is going to come off looking like the "bad guy" in this?

Who Cares?

At the point of someone touching or damaging MY private hard earned property, it really doesn't matter to me what I look like to anyone. I haven't won any popularity contests in quite a while.;)

Rowdy1 said:
At the point of someone touching or damaging MY private hard earned property, it really doesn't matter to me what I look like to anyone. I haven't won any popularity contests in quite a while.;)

I'll never win any popularity contest either! but with my luck (and we all know how my luck tends to run......) i'd be the one being walked away with handcuffs!
There was no damage and it was a great show and a great day (up to that point) so I didn't need to ruin the rest of the day either. On the other hand, if there had been so much as a microscopic sized scratch THAN I would have made a scene and it probably would have taken the entire rest of our Corvette Club and the spectators there to drag all 6'2" 220lbs of me off those two &*#%@ women!
;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom