Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Battery Tender

air1jpg

Corvette
1996 Polo Green LT1 Coupe
My vette is sitting outside this winter and I have a question on the use of a 1.5A battery tender. I have an outdoor extension cable ran from my outside outlet to under my driver side front tire. The cable is run through the tire well into the area under the driver side headlight where I have my battery tender tucked down into. Would I have any issues with having the battery tender running all winter with a outdoor car cover on the car? Usually we only get down into the 20s in the winter and occasionally in the teens. At what temp will a car battery "freeze"?

If your that worried about it get a plug in battery Blanket they use them on lot of diesel trucks.
I think they do make some with there own auto on and off for the tempature when it hits the pre set tempature.

My vette is sitting outside this winter and I have a question on the use of a 1.5A battery tender. I have an outdoor extension cable ran from my outside outlet to under my driver side front tire. The cable is run through the tire well into the area under the driver side headlight where I have my battery tender tucked down into. Would I have any issues with having the battery tender running all winter with a outdoor car cover on the car? Usually we only get down into the 20s in the winter and occasionally in the teens. At what temp will a car battery "freeze"?

If the battery stays charged, it won't freeze. If it gets very low or goes dead, it may freeze if it gets really cold.

I've run a smart battery charger exactly the way you suggest...under the hood and connected by an outdoor extension cord with a car cover over the car...with no problems.

If the battery stays charged, it won't freeze. If it gets very low or goes dead, it may freeze if it gets really cold.

I've run a smart battery charger exactly the way you suggest...under the hood and connected by an outdoor extension cord with a car cover over the car...with no problems.

Cool, thank you.. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom