Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Been a while since I touched my 66 but had it out this week end

IH2LOSE

Corvette
1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
I am still alive but life has been real busy for me lately ,

I kinda put the 66 on the back burner since i was playing with my 62.

There was a show this weekend that I decided I was definately taking the 66 to

I decided I was going to put the original TI system back in the car,( a freind needed a distributor so in the spring I took out my msd system and gave it to him ) any ways I put the whole system back in the car over the last couple of nights only to find out the car wont run.

Double check all of the wires, Double checked I wasnt off a tooth on the distributor, double checked I wasnt 180 out, check fireing order several times.

Finally I said I have to start with basics , I knew I had comprestion, I knew I had spark but wasnt sure if it was hot enough. I knew I had fuel.... but it just didnt smell right. I drained the gas ,flushed the lines, cleaned the carb, added new gas she fired right up. a 1/4 tank of gas in it and i cant think of the lastime I drove the car . the gas was probably 2 years old. I added staybill to the gas.you just never know when youll drive it again

While i was puttering with the car I re-installed my correct dated starter I also found my Positive battery cable burnt as if it shorted against the manifold at some time

As for the show. its a corvette and chevy muscle car show .Its always the last hurra of the year. if there is 15 midyears and 6 or 7 C1's its allot

WOW what a turn out of midyears I have not seen this many early cars locally in one show since about 10 or 15 years ago. The local shows are mostly the modified C5s

The twin of my car showed up and parked right next to me. and then right next to us was a set of twin 435 blue 67's

As for driving the car again. Its allot of fun. I have to do it more often. It fealt kinda squirlly at first. I checked my Knock offs, checked tire pressure and realized all was good. I am just so used to driving modern cars that it was un-falmilur to me. I also found the side pipes to be real loud, A nice loud, but still loud.
I hope every one is still healthey, and I will try and stop in more often,

It sounds like the '66 was happy to be out again.

Tom

glad to know you are still kicking.....:)

Glad to hear you had a good time with the 66. Iv'e done a few shows in the past few weeks just to get out and clear my head. The weather has been great for car shows.

Nows the time to enjoy the cars... Nice cool temps..

:beer

hey larry, good to see you back...

...been pretty much the same thing with me, ever since i put the tripower on the '66, i just haven't had the time so this is the weekend to take 'er out...it finally stopped raining yesterday afternoon.......

...however, i have a new shower head extension and rainfall shower head to install, have to finish wiring the hidden overhead light door jamb switches for the pantry and the closet, add a new HVAC air return duct in the master bedroom, clean up the shops, blow out the sprinkler system, install a good outdoor am/fm antenna and wire it to multiple receivers, pretty up some wiring in the garage, yadda yadda yadda:W

BTW VNV, adding that plug-in x-10 amplifier solved all of the gremlins added by the electrician cutting in the subpanel for the back-up generator

....and, as soon as it gets real cold, i'm swapping out the front springs on the '66 - rides too high right now

Kid - I still have that set of front springs that will lower an inch or so if you want them. Let me know.

Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom