Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Battery for a C-2?

McD

Corvette
'69 Fathom Green Conv and '63 Tuxedo Black Conv
Hi all, I was wondering if any of you could recommend a battery for a C-2? Anything out there better for being on the road for 6 months and then sitting idle for the next 6, etc, etc?

Thanks!

McD

I have plain ordinary Delco #24-YR Group 24 batteries in both my cars ('67 Corvette, '69 Z/28) that sit for six months through the winter, haven't bought a battery in nine years. :)

I have plain ordinary Delco #24-YR Group 24 batteries in both my cars ('67 Corvette, '69 Z/28) that sit for six months through the winter, haven't bought a battery in nine years. :)

Thanks John. I just picked up the '63 a few months ago and the gent I purchased it from told me he had to charge it often. I tested the battery under load, and it dropped from 12VDC to less than 4VDC. This was a day after I had charged it and had it on the road for an hour. It shouldn't have been that discharged in a days worth of sitting .

McD

...my experience has been just like John's but i've now bought Optima Red Tops and they are outstanding from a CCA perspective and they retain a charge FOREVER but they are expensive

...but i take good care of my regular batteries, keep a computer-controlled trickle charger on them (Wal-Mart) and one lasted almost 7 years

I use the same stuff in all my toys and have the same result as John

Thanks guys!

optima red top----no mess, no fuss, great performance----------Costcos

...hey mark, was it you or wolfie who told me that for the first time, optima has some competition....same compact design, same price point but better performance?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom