Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Ever Road Trip

Corvette
2006 'Evil Stealth Black' Roadster
Okay, Remo has worked winter tricks on us, and got us squabbling about driving C5s in winter conditions. We need to something positive to restore the good vibes around here.

Note to Remo- you are officially prohibited from starting threads with "unacceptable subjects" which will result in further squabbling of the CAC members until your car is out of its winter storage at Guy's garage. "Unacceptable subjects" includes the following:
-Which is better: Automatic or Manual Transmissions?
-Zaino or Meguiars: Which do you use?
-Any debate about the best color for a Corvette.
-And your all time favorite, Remo, Oil & Oil Filters: which brand do you use?

Bad Remo, very bad. We're onto your tricks, and if we find, Remo, that you have started a thread just to sit back and derive amusement from the fireworks that ensue, Tammy, Jim and I will be coordinating with Guy to fit you with a straight-jacket, and up your meds to a dosage sufficient to keep you catatonic until the March thaw in New England. :L

With that disclaimer out of the way, onto more positive things. :D

Road trips! Who doesn't love a good road trip in the Vette? Perhaps it's a chance to get in the Corvette and go somewhere. Perhaps you visited a spot you'd never seen before and really enjoyed it. Perhaps you found a nice stretch of deserted road and opened her up just to see what your Corvette could do.

What kind of trip was it? A scenic cruise along the coast with the top down? A ride through the mountains with lots of twisties to see how your Vette handled? A lonely stretch of highway through the desert en route to Las Vegas to indulge your lead-foot? A vacation trip where found reward in just getting off the interstate and taking a road you'd never been down before?

And how did your Vette do? Was it comfortable for the ride? How long a trip was it? Were you and your passenger able to fit all your luggage and souvenirs in the Corvette without a problem? Did the weather give you any issues, and if so, how well did the Corvette handle them? What speed did you manage to hit? Did you have any unforseen problems come up?

And would you do the trip again, having experienced it once before?

This is your chance to reminisce about your favorite road trip in your Corvette. Let's hear your stories, everyone!

:w
-Patrick

darn you remo!!!

Patrick said:
Okay, Remo has worked winter tricks on us, and got us squabbling about driving C5s in winter conditions. We need to something positive to restore the good vibes around here.

Note to Remo- you are officially prohibited from starting threads with "unacceptable subjects" which will result in further squabbling of the CAC members until your car is out of its winter storage at Guy's garage. "Unacceptable subjects" includes the following:
-Which is better: Automatic or Manual Transmissions?
-Zaino or Meguiars: Which do you use?
-Any debate about the best color for a Corvette.
-And your all time favorite, Remo, Oil & Oil Filters: which brand do you use?

Bad Remo, very bad. We're onto your tricks, and if we find, Remo, that you have started a thread just to sit back and derive amusement from the fireworks that ensue, Tammy, Jim and I will be coordinating with Guy to fit you with a straight-jacket, and up your meds to a dosage sufficient to keep you catatonic until the March thaw in New England. :L

With that disclaimer out of the way, onto more positive things. :D

Road trips! Who doesn't love a good road trip in the Vette? Perhaps it's a chance to get in the Corvette and go somewhere. Perhaps you visited a spot you'd never seen before and really enjoyed it. Perhaps you found a nice stretch of deserted road and opened her up just to see what your Corvette could do.

What kind of trip was it? A scenic cruise along the coast with the top down? A ride through the mountains with lots of twisties to see how your Vette handled? A lonely stretch of highway through the desert en route to Las Vegas to indulge your lead-foot? A vacation trip where found reward in just getting off the interstate and taking a road you'd never been down before?

And how did your Vette do? Was it comfortable for the ride? How long a trip was it? Were you and your passenger able to fit all your luggage and souvenirs in the Corvette without a problem? Did the weather give you any issues, and if so, how well did the Corvette handle them? What speed did you manage to hit? Did you have any unforseen problems come up?

And would you do the trip again, having experienced it once before?

This is your chance to reminisce about your favorite road trip in your Corvette. Let's hear your stories, everyone!

-Patrick

patrick,
well then i guess it wouldn't be acceptable to mention if we enjoyed the trip while effortlessly letting our A4 shift flawlessly OR bang the old M6 through the mountain pass OR talk about how trashed the old vette got and we had to "zaino" or "meg" it when we got back OR talk about the best color combo we saw on the trip OR how often we had to change the oil on the trip!!! it's all remo's fault...boy, are these stories going to be boring, LOL, LOL, LOL!

Patrick I think Remo is on to something, dont bash him please.

How about a thread titled C-5's and Tire chains or C-5's and grill guards. :D

CACnut.jpg

Best Babe Seen on a Road Trip

Hey "that" title got your attention didn't it? But seriously - I'd have to say the drive to Carlisle in August was right up there. From my house it's about an eight hour trip and it covers turnpikes with curves, hills and plenty of straight aways. We leave about 5:00 AM and by 7:00 AM we start seeing other vettes on the way to the event. By the time you get within 200 miles of Carlisle the roads are full of Corvettes of every kind - it is truely amazing.

Then there's the three days of hanging with hundreds of Corvette people, their cars and did I mention the babes? The evenings at the hotels are a blast - plenty of great food, some drinks and many Corvette stories. And after it's all over there's the fun drive home. Lot's of Corvettes going the other direction with people waving and did I mention the babes?

Remo:cool

I'd have to say my best (favorite) road trip was day two of our Colorado Caravan to Cruisefest this past summer. We started day two from Columbia, Missouri, and that morning, met up with Tom and Rose from Kansas. After breakfast, the five of us hit I-70 east, a big line of moving cool :cool and began our trek to Bowling Green.

The best part had to be when we hit St. Louis, and Tom got a picture of us all going by the St. Louis Arch.

The weather could not have been better for us, everyone's Corvettes performed great, no one got lost, and we even beat 67 Heaven to Bowling Green.

Let's hear some others!

-Patrick

Geez Wayne - is that picture big enough?

Remo

Remo said:
Geez Wayne - is that picture big enough?

Remo

I think it is for people that have lost their eye glasses ( the big picture ).;)

81kix said:
I think it is for people that have lost their eye glasses ( the big picture ).;)

At Remo's age, he needs more help than glasses. ;LOL

Guy

Guy said:
At Remo's age, he needs more help than glasses. ;LOL

Guy

And your age is what, Guy?!!:D

Love ya!

Elaine

I have to agree with Remo about the 450 +/- mile trip to Carlisle every August. We love it, and it does offer all kinds of driving experiences! This year's trip ought to be very interesting as we'll be driving both Corvettes there.

Elaine

GS Diva said:
And your age is what, Guy?!!:D

Love ya!

Elaine

Cant you just feel the Love???? ;LOL

We took a road trip out to Yosemite and Sequoia this past summer. Having the Vette and going through the twisties was great.Took us about 5 hours just to go over Tioga Pass. Probably one of the most scenic drives in the U.S.

TiogaPass3.jpg

Best road trip had to be the 50th Corvette Annversary! Nothing like seeing hundreds of Vettes in front of you and nothing but Vettes in you rear view mirror! Nothin but Vettes everywhere!
attachment.php

Just what I needed......

As we head into our fourth day in a row of snow and flurries
here in the Twin Cities, it sure is nice to read some road stories
and see pictures of Vettes near green grass and trees (with
leaves on them even!). This is why I will enjoy the CAC forums
as winter just wisks by. See, I'm better already.

Is it Easter yet?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom