Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best place to buy opti-spark

A

Adam...

I've decided to perform a thorough tune up on my new 92 Vette. I will replace the optispark and water pump as I am replacing plugs and plug wires. I have found optisparks for $370 but hear that someone on this board may know of a cheaper source.

Also, any good cheap sources for water pumps? So far I have $170 as my best price (AC Delco).

Let me know,
Adam

Just to update on my search for the cheapest parts (OEM, non-EBAY). I found 92-94 optisparks at gmpartsdirect.com for $313.64. I will further update if my search uncovers even better prices.

Adam

Opti-spark

OK...call me dumb...what is an opti-spark...i've heard you guys fire the term back and forth...i can't find reference to it in my shop manuals...I've heard of people flooding them by accident while washing the engine....what is it...where is it...and what does it do?

Or is all this just rhetoric since I own an 84 which seems to have a lot of differences from other C4's?

Optispark

The Optispark is sort of a distributor but it sits in front of the engine and driven of the front of the camshaft.
It is only used on the 1992 to 1996 models I believe.
The water pump sits right above that and some owners claim if the waterpump leaks it will affect the Optispark in a bad way.
Lucky for you nothing to worry about on your 1984.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom