Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Beware of scam buyers

J

jz94

Just wanted to share info. There are alot of scammers claiming to be from foreign countries, acting as 'agents', buying vehicles without much dickering over price, paying with top quality forged cashiers checks. They are so good, they're initially accepted by the bank, and don't turn up as fake 'til later, by which time the vehicle has been shipped.
Sometimes they overpay for the vehicle (to include shipping), and ask that the excess be wired to them after shipment, thus getting cash in addition to the vehicle.
I called the FBI after an attempt was made on me, and they said they're getting calls daily about this. The Secret Service is also handling the problem.
Hope this prevents someone from getting ripped off.

I for one, if I accepted a check, would never ship anything until the check cleared. Certified, cashiers, or personally endorsed by God himself.

That's why it is best to ALWAYS hang on to the car (or whatever else) until the check has cleared! Good job not following through without the dough.

I forgot to mention that one guy was told by his bank that the check cleared, then he was told later that the check was a forgery, and the bank took $9200 out of his account to cover it! He got a lawyer, and is fighting the bank over it now. That sounds like a BS bank to me. Don't banks have insurance for forged checks?

Why is it they always think they are smarter than the people living in the greatest, smartest country in the world?

The reason is that they are able to scam us at every turn. We are a very gullible and greedy society.

Look the biggest company in the world is Wal-mart and they have almost 90% of their stores filled with imports from China. The reason they buy from China is because they are able to sell products cheaper, with a bigger bottom line.

And their biggest customer is the poor worker that lost part or all of their income because their jobs were replaced off shore.

In China their are no unions, health benefits, legal suits, or a standard minimum wage, not to mention a retirement plan. Here the unions want everything and all they are doing is losing jobs overseas, because of their outragous demands.

By the way, l really think most of the union workers deserve what they are being paid, but their retirement benefits are not realistic.

All we are doing is shooting ourselves in the foot, because in a couple of years there will not be any benefits besides a wage to survive. Our leader will leave us out to dry to make ends meet.

Our country will wind up being a pure service society period. Even the Doctors are suffering because of the HMO's, but again a Doctor is no different then a plumber or a mechanic. What he works on is different. So when you hear a person introducing himself as Dr whoever, you should reply l'm Plumber whoever.

Alan

what is the tie between conditions for workers in china and no unions? get it!
what do you consider a decent retirment plan?
jeff

Greedy??

I don't believe we are a greedy society. I think most people watch their money. When they go shopping they buy the cheapest, so what if it was built in China, if it breaks Wall Mart will give you a new one.
I my self try to buy as much as i can that is made in the USA. Fortunately i have that luxury of not having to shop at Big Lots.
Their is a lot of people and i feel for them that makes minimum wage. Their not Greedy they just try and get by.
Business Owner Gene

My Mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guy's

The word greedy was the wrong word to be used.

By buying imports, we are taking away jobs from the American work force. I have seen my industry (textiles) shrink to nothing and nobody cares. It's all about big money and politics.

We are up against countries with cheap labor and no EPA to worry about.

As far as what is a decent retirement plan, my answer is your own retirement plan. If a company wants to give their workers a retirement plan and they can take it from profits, great. But giving a retirement plan to city, state and gov't workers, thats where l draw the line. The reason is because, why should l pay for somebody else's retirement. And keep in mind that a lot of games are played during the last few years to increase their retirement benefits. Not to mention the health benefits.

This is going to bankrupt our gov't because the money isn't there.
Don't forget that these retiree's also get social security benefits.

The only people that truely deserve everything they get are teachers, law enforcement and firefighters. A person driving a bus or collecting tolls, a honest living, does not in my opinon deserve a large pension.

You would be shocked on the retirement packages given in New York.

Anyway, l'm here to discuss vettes and not politics and l am at fault for rabbling on.

Alan

The poor worker that lost his job because of China could not by a vette no matter what. Enough of that fat assed barbara striesand crap.

Relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as Barbara Stiesand is concerned, she is a non entity as far as l'm concerned.

As far as the layed off factory worker is concerned, there is no reason that they cannot afford corvette's and many do own them. In my club we have have some that have pristine C1's and C2's. It's really no big deal to afford a vette if you want one.

Alan

Banks

A Bank can come back and say a check is bad after any length of time has passed and deduct the amount from your account. They will always get their money first and you will always be holding the empty bag.

But giving a retirement plan to city, state and gov't workers, thats where l draw the line. The reason is because, why should l pay for somebody else's retirement. And keep in mind that a lot of games are played during the last few years to increase their retirement benefits. Not to mention the health benefits.

Most public employees must pay about 9% (plus medicare) of their check into their own "social security programs", P.E.R.S., S.T.R.S...... This PERS fund is not subject to govt. management (i.e. - stealing money from it). It is self funded and its there when they retire. Yes, in a way you pay for it just like you pay for their cars, houses, food. I'm not a govt employee, I feel that in many cases govt jobs need cut, but in this economy you pay for my retirement when you buy a prescription medication.....

???????????????????????

Were all the way from information about getting scammed to retirement plans????????????????

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom