Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BILL-paint in 84

CorvetteArchives

Corvette
1984 Z51 Silver/Gray & as Much SS & CFibre we find
Bill

Just got your message and read new post...

I've got the original color chart right in from of me and only see one red for 1984 which is #33.......there was only ONR red!! Its the lighter red....if yours is darker (maroon) it may be the 86 color!!! will scan and post asap.

I'm also looking for the GM bulletin regarding the colors for auto show and will copy and post them asap.........so we can see if we found that car..that would be SO VERY COOL!!!

Bill said:
<Corvette1984, I don't know if the color is original. I looked into it and I see that there were two reds available, a "RED" and "LIGHT RED". From what I can tell the "RED" as they called it was more of a maroon color, and the "LIGHT RED" was more of a true red. The paint codes on the sticker indicate a two-tone silver.

By looking at the paint itself, it does look original. I can find no evidence whatsoever of any silver or gray paint anywhere, although the interior is silver/gray and black. It also a little bubbling and cracking between the doors and rear wheels, which I would think would have been repaired if the car was re-painted. More info on this would be great if you have it!

Oh........ just saw your site pics............obviously it is repainted...it has the ZR1 and up tail!!! Too bad! Still looking for the missing 12!!!!

The whole story is pretty interesting though...........I created a new page with what info I had...link below

BTW, Jim good idea!!

84 Color Chart & 12 GM Show Colors

I will check under the carpet tomorrow.

Yes, I had forgotten about the rear being replace with a '91.

I'll check out your web site, it's still an interesting subject

Well, I did a little closer looking and I can see evidence of the original silver color, which is the color listed on the trim tag. I can also see evidence of overspray on some wires and inner panels. So this one has definately been re-painted. That's OK by me though, I like this color much better anyway. If it had been one of those twelve, I would have been too afraid to drive it! (haha) That would've been pretty cool though, especially since I only paid $4700 for it!

...and the search goes on!

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom