Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Blackwing instal help

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Hi

I'm going to put the Blackwing on now and l need a little help. I have the directions but hit a wall on the first step. Sounds dumb but better safe then sorry.

1) can l turn off the underhood light even though l'm sure it will not kill the battery?

2) What is the proper way to unplug the MAF wires, do you have to squeeze it and pull or just pull. Or is there a certain way to do it.
Also where are the IAT sensor wires?

Thanks

Alan

Yes, you can unplug the lights - If no one chimes in before tonight, I can send you a pic of where the IAT is.

The connector may have a small "finger" on one side that snaps over a small "tit" you pull the finger up and pull the plug back.

Still only 15 minutes away if you need help

????????????????

Hi

I am finding this very funny that l'm having such a hard time with this simple project.

I was able to solve the MAF wire issue that's to Warren's help. It was really easy,
but l have no clue where the IAT wires are unless they are together with the MAF wires.

I unlatched the top of the air box and took out the air cleaner and l was ready to take off the 1" black rubber air hose on the drivers side until l hit another wall.

The directions say to use a flathead screwdriver to get the black plastic clamp of the hose so it can be pulled off the stock airbox assembly.

Now l see some kind of clamp but l don't see where a flathead screwdriver can help. Now l am looking at the clamp from the drivers side away from the box.

How can l get this clamp off?

The last time l was under a hood of a car is when everything was either metal screws or some kind of pressure device. Now everything is plastic!

Thanks

Alan:beer

Found the IAT

08_assembled.jpg

how to disconnect rubber hose?

Hi

Well tomorrow l'm going to try once again:boogie but l need to know the proper way to take off the 1" hose from the air box. There is a plastic clamp that l don't want to brake.;shrug
A little help gentlemen!:W
Boy do l feel like l was born yesterday.

Alan

PS if it's a pressure deal do l just pry it off or is there a trick to it?;help

Alan

The plastic clamp usually has 2 interlocking "fingers" with serrated ridges that fit togeather. You can use a small screwdriver to pry them apart.

It the clamp breaks it no big deal as the hose fits snugly and really doesnt need the clamp - and you can get another at almost any auto parts store.

Thanks Warren

Sometimes l get too anal ;shrugabout things. Tomorrow l will put it on.

Alan:beer

Alan,

I did mine last year and it's not bad really. Like has been said, spread the plastic clamp with a straight blade screwdriver. Ya really kind of lift it up so that the two serated pieces move away from one another and disengage. Taking the two bolts out on the air box and getting them back in is a bit of a pain but not too bad either. The plastic pins holding the air bridge must be popped popped out with a screw driver too.They can also be reused or you can pick up new fasteners at the autoparts store. Don't be concerned about your underhood light or interior lamps. They automaticaly shut themselves off after 10 or 15 minutes.

Dale

I didnt remove the plastic clamp. I just pulled the plastic elbow out of the rubber grommet thats on the stock air box.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom