Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Blinker lights work but dont blink...

Corvette
1981 Corvette Spectramaster Blue
When I hit the turn signal the lights come on just fine but they will not blink. They slowly started doing this and now have totally stopped blinking. Does anyone have an idea of what this may be?

Thanks much,
John Dykstra

I would replace the flasher,first
If that doesn't work then I'm lost!

good luck

I had the same sort of problem when putting Led lights in, that was a flasher problem.

Groeten Peter

I think I will switch the flasher first sounds like a good first step...I am hoping its not grounding I hate having to deal with wiring issues....

The flasher is in the fuse box right? I am not what you would call a "mechanic" I just fix things as they break :)

John D.

the flasher should be on the top row of the fuse panel which is located on the fire wall by where your left foot would rest in,when you are sitting in the drivers seat!!!!!
Stick your head down in there and see if you can find it!!!!:upthumbs:upthumbs

The flasher is in the fuse box right? I am not what you would call a "mechanic" I just fix things as they break :)

John D.

Don't know about 81's, but on earlier Corvettes, the flasher in the fuse block is for the hazard flashers, and the flasher for the turn signals is mounted separately, usually behind the passenger side dash panel.

:beer

1981 the fuse panel: ;)

The hazard flasher unit is the top left, the signal flasher is bottom right ;)

attachment.php

Bud

I had this similiar problem as well last year. Try simply changing the light bulb first. Both the front and rear light and signal indicater in car came on but stayed on, no blinking. I simply replaced the rear tail light and everything worked just great. However, that was just on one side.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom