Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Body shop/ possible body damage

L

lheindrich

I live in NJ and I was wondering if anyone out there knows a good body shop that works on Corvettes in northern NJ. The front clip on my Vette seems to be high on the passenger side. The right fender is about a 1/4 inch higher than the hood, the door gaps on the passenger side are wide at the top and get tighter as you go down the door. On the bottom where the trim is by you can see that the fiberglass clip is about 1/4 inch higher than the bottom of the door. The gaps on my hood are all uneven as well. Everything lines up great on the drivers side though. Could I fix this myself and what could have caused this? It seems like the car has been hit prior to me. Could my frame be bent? About how much could this cost because it drives me crazy when I look at it.

Will hood bumpers help?

There are some rubber bumpers to level the hood. www.mamotorworks.com part #609-515. The fit and finish was not very good when GM made our cars but the bumpers can help. As for the door, open it up about 1 foot and lift the back end, if it moves new bushings and pins might bring the door more in line. PG.

The June issue of Corvette Fever magazine had it's list of "where to get your Corvette fixed" and listed the following for NJ:
Conte's Corvettes- Vineland, NJ
Corvette Paramedics- Mt Holly NJ

Don't know if they are near you.

Gary

I live in Fairfield, NJ just down the road.. I have a 77 and I used a guy in Dumont.. He is good AND VERY RESONABLE. E mail me at johnrem46@aol.com ..

John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom