Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bow Tie for 82Guy

Nut

Corvette
Vette-less for now
Folks.... I just talked to Guy this morning and he said to tell everyone that the Black '82 they brought down to be judged won the 4 Star Bow Tie Award yesterday. Guy and Dawn are very proud parents. They said to say Hi to everyone (even you Len) and they are having a great time in Hershey. They will be heading back to Teddychusettes on Friday.

Have a safe trip back my friend!!

........... Nut

Bravo!!:m Great job!! Have a safe trip home!

Elaine

Magnifico!

Wonderful news! Congrats to Guy & Dawn.
Heidi :w

Great News

Man when he gets home he is going to be impossble to live with. Bow Tie this and Bow Tie that...... I can just hear him now - "hey Remo when do you think the C5's will be eligible"?

Just the same it's great news and yes he will be struting around just like a father who's son has been drafted into the major league.

Remo
:cool

Re: RE:Bow Tie for 82Guy

Willis76 said:
;shrug Sounds great - what does it mean exactly?

thanks

Here's the description as found at the NCRS website:
NCRS - CHEVROLET BOWTIE Award®

This award was created by the National Corvette Restorers Society in 1992. The Bowtie award recognizes the unrestored Corvette and encourages the owner to retain and display the car in its present condition for the enjoyment and continuing educational benefit of our membership. The award is earned only at a National Convention by unrestored cars successfully judged and voted to be historically and educationally significant in four areas (Interior, Exterior, Mechanical and Chassis). This award is available to any model year currently judged by NCRS which was manufactured 20 or more years ago. Regardless of change in ownership or judging result the car may never be presented for judging again. The judged section requires an 80 to 85% pass with the following standard "Does the item, part, fabric, plating or coating appear to actually be that which was specifically installed or applied on this car at the time of manufacture". If this is successfully passed the vote with the following standard "Does the area judged display significant educational and historical value which should be preserved in its present condition" is taken. Passing both sections in all four areas earns the NCRS - Chevrolet Bowtie award. As of end of the 2001 season, only 135 Corvettes have received this award.

Or in short, Guys car is da bomb baby!:upthumbs

Remo.... it's only going to get worse because the Silver-Green is next up to bat. THEN he'll be unbearable to talk to. And you gotta listen to it for what 20 hrs each way in Sept? Actually I can't wait to hear the "pay me back for boring me in Hershey for 6 days" list Dawn is going to give him when they get back. Hahahaahaha

.......... Bob

Congrats Guy, a Bow-tie and a NCRS top flight in the same house
Gary

That's GREAT!

He told me when I left Monday night for my hotel, he wouldn't know until the dinner Thursday. I called him Tuesday morning on my way home and he said they had just started judging his car so I didn't bother to stop by the meet.

Wow!

"Chevrolet Bowtie award. As of end of the 2001 season, only 135 Corvettes have received this award" Thanks Shark71

Holy Crap! (and a local guy to boot)

Congrats to Guy!!!! I'm really pleased that Dawn made the trip and was able to share in this terrific recognition.

Yikes Remo, you better bring ear plugs.
Nut is 100% correct, the Silver Green is gorgeous too.

Piet said:
Congrats Guy & Dawn...

Pictures... we want pictures!

You say you wanna see it huh? Well since I just so happen to be the one putting together the presentation for the NCRS Awards Banquest, I'll give you a little sneak peak at Guy's and Dawn's 82 in all its glory at the Hershey Convention Center.
GuyBowtie.jpg

71Shark said:
You say you wanna see it huh? Well since I just so happen to be the one putting together the presentation for the NCRS Awards Banquest, I'll give you a little sneak peak at Guy's and Dawn's 82 in all its glory at the Hershey Convention Center.

Nice...very nice!! And it's just as nice in real life, too!

Elaine

Good Job

You did it thats great!:upthumbs

Well Guy, you know this calls for somemore
:beer and .:drink drinks at Carlisle.

See you next month.

Janine:w :bar

Looking forward to seeing the silver- green vette.

Thanks everyone!!

We got back about 1:30 this afternoon and as you can tell it was a great trip. I'm beat, but I have to say it was great seeing some of the gang at Hershey - thanks for the support! The best support came from Dawn who sat there in the heat from 9am until 4pm while the judges went over the car. She made runs for water and coffee and was very interested in the process. What a gal! She is already planing our trip next year.

I need a nap!
:w
Guy

Thanksagain, everyone!

Sorry the picture is so big. The award is about 18" x 20".

Bowtie

I'm done tooting my own horn now :D.

Guy

Nut said:
.... Actually I can't wait to hear the "pay me back for boring me in Hershey for 6 days" list Dawn is going to give him when they get back. Hahahaahaha

.......... Bob

Dawn already started talking about Aruba :D.

Guy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom