Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake Fluid Stains On Garage Floor

3XBLACK67

Corvette
1967 triple black 390 HP roadster
My garage is not a Garage Mahal, but it's nice, and I try to keep it up. It has a very cool acrylic floor that has stood up to a lot for about ten years. Unfortunately, my C3's front brakes leaked a bit of brake fluid. The fluid has left a nasty light brown stain. Nothing that I have tried to lift the stain has worked. Any ideas?

Your question peeked my interest! I had my garage floor professionally coated and also wondered about stains. I've found Spray Brake Cleaner to clean just about everything, alas it does effect some surfaces. I found Brake Cleaner very effective on untreated concrete ;)

I did a little investigation and found this as it applies to Acrylic ;)

• First try treating area with a thin paste made from baking soda and water. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes and then scrub lightly with a non-abrasive nylon pad. If you like, you can boost the stain removal power of the baking soda by adding a small amount of borax powder to the mixture.
  • If any portion of the stain remains, treat it by laying a folded paper towel on the affected area. Soak the towel with a solution of diluted household bleach. Check the area every few minutes and remove the paper towel as soon as the stain has disappeared.
  • Rinse the area thoroughly to remove any remaining traces of bleach.
  • Grease, oil or ink stains can most easily be removed by rubbing with a soft cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol.

I can't recommend any of this as I have not tried it.. But it's at least something to ponder ;)

Bud

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom