Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Breaking in the cam

henny496

Corvette
1963 Corvette coupe(pro street)
Hello
Unfortunately, this is as far as I am going with the car this year. Work has really gone downhill and I need to spend a bit more money to get ready to take it for a pass
I decided a few weeks ago, just to break in the cam and put together what I can with the parts I have(which is quite a lot) for the winter
The fuel tank/battery is out front, just to fire it up. I have to finish the bumper brkts and the gas tank is in the way. To go to the track I was going to leave a lot of stuff off, but now I am going to put all the street stuff on for the spring
If you turn your speakers up as high as you can, you will get an idea on the noise level(open headers) The front fenders got warm, but the interior was fairly cool(Lizard Skin)
Anyway this is how things are
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55t7_J_yXrE

My brother John and my friend Walter are helping out in the video. I am in the car and Deb is taping this
take care
Tom

Hello John and Porchdog
I had really wanted to blip it after the cam was broken in, but I have light valve springs in it right now for the intial start up
As much as I would love to hear it buzz. , I will wait until the spring once I get it out. I do have an exhaust system to go, so it hopefully will be law abidable
Deb loves the sound, she initially told me that is was not loud. She said that again later but added, " it is not loud like someone screaming or a bad muffler,, it is a nice loud" I had to give her a hug after that
take care
Tom

Well done, Tom.

You've reached a great milestone. Next summer is all yours. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom