Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Buena Park police pull man from burning Corvette

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Buena Park police pull man from burning Corvette
Driver suffered apparent seizure. Officers cut him from car.

By KIMBERLY EDDS
The Orange County Register

BUENA PARK - Two police officers saved a 56-year-old Buena Park man from his burning 1958 Corvette after the man suffered an apparent seizure and was unable to move, officials said.

Officers Jesse Alfonzo and Brad Geyer found Jason Leroy sitting in the driver's seat of his silver Corvette near the corner of Dale Street and Malvern Avenue about 6:20 p.m., Buena Park police Lt. Jeff Kingsbury said.

With flames creeping out of the engine and climbing up the passenger side, Alfonzo and Geyer cut Leroy's seatbelt and pulled him out of the burning car, Kingsbury said.

Leroy escaped without being burned. He was taken to a hospital to be treated for his medical problems, Kingsbury said.

It is unclear why the classic Corvette caught on fire.

Contact the writer: 714-796-7829 or kedds@ocregister.com

Probably had rubber hoses and one of those in-line glass fuel filters between the fuel pump and the carb. :eyerole

Probably had rubber hoses and one of those in-line glass fuel filters between the fuel pump and the carb. :eyerole

Glass fuel filter like this? :confused
2x4carbs.jpg

I wouldn't be a bit surprised. The smoke coming from under the hood probably triggered the seizure.

It could have been electrical too. I plan on installing one of those remote battery cut offs from Painless Wiring when I do my '59. That way I can kill the battery at the first sign of trouble from the drivers seat. The thought of reaching into a burning engine compartment to try to unscrew that little green knob has never appealed to me.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom