Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

bumper covers

chevy6673

Corvette
1973 Corvette ,1966 ss impala
anyone have a good used front and back bumper cover 4 a 1975 vette .. thanks

Johan

Corvette
1974 red coupe, 1969 yellow vert
Go for new ones.
Mine were cracked when i bought my car. I tried to repair them, but the 30+ years old urethane is so brittle that it just fell apart.

chevy6673

Corvette
Go for new ones.
Mine were cracked when i bought my car. I tried to repair them, but the 30+ years old urethane is so brittle that it just fell apart.
did you go urethane or fiberglass

B

born2saw

I sold my 75 last summer, now I just have the 2000. 3 years ago I replaced the front with a fiberglass one (I was being cheap). It took a lot of work to get a nice looking fit (fit it before you paint) but once it was done it looked good. If I had to do it all over again I think I would have gone with the GM licensed urethane.

Johan

Corvette
1974 red coupe, 1969 yellow vert
did you go urethane or fiberglass

Fiberglass (or flexi-glass or whatever it is called, that is supposed to be a little more flexible). I've only changed the back one though.

As born2saw said, it takes some work to get it good. Don't expect the fit to be 100% when you get it.
Also, I spent a lot of time to remove the old one, but at that time I thouth that it could be repaired. If I had to do it again I'd just rip it apart. Buy the new type of retainers that can be found in most catalogs to install the new one.

LVMYVT76

Corvette
1976 medium blue
I have a new fiberglass bumper that I would sell at a real resonable price. I have replaced the rear one with a fiberglass and it wasn't any problem compared to the front one.

chevy6673

Corvette
I have a new fiberglass bumper that I would sell at a real resonable price. I have replaced the rear one with a fiberglass and it wasn't any problem compared to the front one.
at this time not sure if i am going to use fiberglass or not, how much is resonable is it for frt or back that your selling

V

vmrod

I have a 1977 used urethane front bumper cover and a 1982 urethane rear bumper. There is a small tear (~1") on the rear bumper on the bottom.

Would these fit on a 75?

chevy6673

Corvette
I have a 1977 used urethane front bumper cover and a 1982 urethane rear bumper. There is a small tear (~1") on the rear bumper on the bottom.

Would these fit on a 75?
not sure.. i want to stay with the 75 look,,and not mix years,, it may be the same i will ck and get back to you thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom