Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

burnout

lt4boy

Corvette
1996 Polo Green Metellic green LT4
hi im just curious how to do a smokin burnout on an LT4...ive had rubber but then i hook up. i want smoke how do i get it. i turn off the asr... do i rev it a lot a lil pop the cluth or not may not use it a whole lot but in case i nedd to ill have the experts here tell me how to

thanx

so pop the clutch nd then hold the brake lightly. thanks

I can't help but comment that with what these tires cost, I sure don't want to leave any of them on the road!:D

Elaine

yup the proce of them is high...i need it in case a mustang or too gets outta line

Yeap - holding the brake after popping the clutch will do the trick - just enough to hold the front tires from moving too much.

Burnouts are all show though and really don't demonstrate superior power.

Then there is the cost of replacing tires and brake pads more often.

At the strip, I put it in 2nd, rev to about 5000RPM, and release the clutch. I then get my left foot over to the brake pedal and apply just enough brake to hold my movement down. It is a bit tricky. I think the same thing could be done more easily in first gear. Of course, at the strip there is a little water on the pavement to help start the spin. When it begins to hook up, get off the power gradually but quickly. There is no sense in breaking half shafts, etc.

Tuna said:
Burnouts are all show though and really don't demonstrate superior power.

Boy, isn't that the truth! I have seen some very smoky, impressive looking burnouts done by cars that run in the 15's and 16's. Big deal...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom