Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Buyer Beware

Mike Terry

Corvette
63 SWC and 67 Coupe F/S 54 Corvette NFS
Have you ever had dealings with Valley Vette or allvettes.net in Bedford PA. are the same outfit, Buyer Beware. I went there to buy a 63 SWC and before driving 9 1/2 hrs one way I called and talked to them first about the car. Asked about the interior, they said like new. Well maybe it did back in 1963 but why did it have several cracks in the dash and the wrong glove box door. (For starters) How about the frame and bird cage? Well it is rust free they said. Maybe I was not looking at the same car he talked about. Plent or surface rust and the left side right infromt of the kickup there was a 24" to 30" patch put in and it had not been replaced that long ago and they did not do a good job at all. All rubber bushings under the car were dry rotted and cracked, some one replaced the master cylender with one out of a 64, also cut off about 3" of the air cleaner horns, ingition shielding mostly missing and on and on and on. This was told to me it was a #matching car, even with the Hurst shifter? Next question, has the body ever been hit. There answer was YES in the right front but it has been repaired. Yeah right, it has been hit in 3 of the 4 corners and the front nose has plenty of bondo in it as well. Needless to say I was PISSED and I got back in my truck and took my trailer and drove another 9 1/2 hrs back home. I am out about $300 in gas and some food for the trip driving 19hrs with NO SLEEP. All I can say is BUYER BEWARE. Maybe some of you or someone has had a better dealing with then then I did but they will NEVER GET A GOOD WORD ABOUT THEM OUT OF ME.

I don't leave my driveway without having detailed pics and description. I have done this way in the past and will NEVER do it again.;) Sorry to hear of 19hrs of wasted time and fuel.

Fred

I just want fellow Corvette people to know that you CAN NOT trust that guy. It looked like most all his cars had fresh paint on them and that was it. The rest of the car looked like CRAP. Rust and body repairs that did not look good etc. Just BEWARE.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom